good investments?

danman281

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just purchased...

1 of: Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens ($86)
1 of: Tiffen 52mm UV Protection Filter (free)
1 of: Westcott 750 Photo Basics 7.5-Foot Light Stand ($30)
Cactus V2 flash trigger from Gadget Infinity ($37)
Adorama 40'' silver interior umbrella with black cover ($15.95)
Adorama universal swivel holder ($16.95)
Adorama PC to Hotshoe adapter ($12.95)

I can't wait till they come in!!! :D
What do you guys think? I want to do something towards portrait photography but don't know if I should invest in other things.

Last edited:
looks to me like you still need a flash and camera body... small oversight on your part i suppose:lmao::lmao::lmao:

make sure you buy a canon body to go with that lens..

looks to me like you still need a flash and camera body... small oversight on your part i suppose:lmao::lmao::lmao:

make sure you buy a canon body to go with that lens..

-_-

forgot to say I have a 430ex speedlite with a 40D.

No, you're well set. For portraits, all you really need is the 50mm 1.8 and the body. Having the rest just opens you up for more creative expressions. Good call on the wireless flash.

No, you're well set. For portraits, all you really need is the 50mm 1.8 and the body. Having the rest just opens you up for more creative expressions. Good call on the wireless flash.

Thanks Jeremy. I really can't wait till it gets here. What sucks is this is the second 430ex I bought since I lost my other one. How can I lose a strobe beats the hell out of me.

Sounds like you are on your way. I think it's good to learn to do as much as you can with one off-camera light before you add others.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the UV filter...especially on a cheap lens like that but it's your call.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back