What's new

good lens around $200?

ILikeToTakePhotos

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 11, 2011
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
Ottawa, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi! In a few weeks, I am going to get the Canon T3i body. When I get it, I will have access to an 18-55 kit, and the 50mm f/1.8. My birthday is on July 15th, and I'm going to get (probably a bit earlier) the Opteka 6.5mm fisheye. after all of this, I will have about $200 that I wouldn't mind putting towards an all-purpose lens for my 1 month vacation this summer (I won't have access to the 18-55mm and the 50mm). I was wondering if you guys would know a good lens that I should get... I'm thinking of maybe getting the 55-250mm from canon.

My trip is going to be a drive from Ottawa, Canada down to Las Vegas, Nevada. So there will be many nature trips etc.
 
Since "good" is subjective and you're obviously new to photography...just get something with a nice range of zoom that you can afford. Possibly look at 3rd party companies, like tamron, sigma ect... In reality you won't get a "good" lens for $200 unless you steal it and happen to drop the $200 on accident.

Sent from Erics iPhone! (2) Nikon D300 50mm 1.4, 17-55 2.8, 70-200 2.8VRII, 24-70 2.8, 85mm 1.4, (2) SB900
 
then what lens could I get, for the best zoom, and quality in that price range?
 
Sorry for a slight hijack of the subject but have you considered resizing your signature? I have a feeling that if it's not addressed, it will be, by the mods.

Thanks.

And BTW, if you want a 'good' lens you need to dish out more than $200. Otherwise you will end up with a mediocre lens delivering sub mediocre images. Now, they might be good enough for you if you're just an occasional shooter, i.e. a 'Sunday shooter' and not a serious hobbyist. A good lens which might get you happy is the 55-200 EF-S by Canon, roughly $200 shipped. CLICK HERE.
 
The best way to fix the signature is to simply put the user on your ignore list.
 
No, I could fix it but I wanted to give him/her a chance to do so. ;)
 
Sorry for a slight hijack of the subject but have you considered resizing your signature?

if you want a 'good' lens you need to dish out more than $200. Otherwise you will end up with a mediocre lens delivering sub mediocre images.

there, fixed my signature :/ and yeah, I'm not planning on being a pro photographer... I'm mostly going to be doing video... so quality won't madder AS much...
 
Sorry for a slight hijack of the subject but have you considered resizing your signature?

if you want a 'good' lens you need to dish out more than $200. Otherwise you will end up with a mediocre lens delivering sub mediocre images.

there, fixed my signature :/ and yeah, I'm not planning on being a pro photographer... I'm mostly going to be doing video... so quality won't madder AS much...


failure.
 
Please make your sig less obnoxious
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom