Good mainstream color films.What

Hawaii Five-O

My alter-egos have been banned. :( Now I must be
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What maintstream color films do you all think is good?

Fujifilm - 200
Fuji Superia X-Tra - 400
Fuji Superia X-Tra - 800

...cuz I ain't got no choice in the matter

Actually Kodaks BW400CN ain't bad at all.

There's not much, if any, bad colour film out there now. I use mostly Portra these days - 160NC, 400NC and 800 - but the Fuji equivalents - Pro 160S, 400H and 800Z - are pretty good as well. The Portra films are the most recent, and probably represent the current state-of-the-art in still colour negative film.

Best,
Helen

When I was shooting film I used Velvia 50, Provia 100f and Provia 400f (replaced by 400x).

Provia 100f is good for just about everything and has very low grain.

I used Velvia for anything outdoors that didn't include people. It has good saturation but makes faces look unnatural (my opinion).

The Provia 400f is great but expensive. I remember spending $10-$12 for a roll of 36. For a 400 speed film the grain was pretty low. Great for sports. I haven't used it but I'm sure the 400x that replaced it is equally good if not better.

I also used the Sensia films a few times and they're pretty good. But I would just spend the extra dollar and get the good stuff.

I would buy film online as local camera shops tend to charge a lot more. I always bought film from bhphotovideo.com

I use mostly the same as Helen B

Also, Kodak just announced the release of a new film! Ektar 100. Can't wait to try it out.

Most reactions

Back