What's new

Good Morning

Thank you..heavy snow here today. nice to see beautiful flowers
 
Thank you..heavy snow here today. nice to see beautiful flowers

The snow missed us this time, just barely--you all got it all up there! Actually, it DID snow here last night, but as my sister said, the wind was blowing so hard, it all LANDED in KY! :lmao:
This morning is the coldest day we've had so far this year...I. Hate. The. Cold!!!

So yeah, I agree, nice to see some pretty flowers this morning and dream of spring. Thanks, Freq!
 
Thank you..heavy snow here today. nice to see beautiful flowers

Thank you Hippy very much :D

Thank you..heavy snow here today. nice to see beautiful flowers

The snow missed us this time, just barely--you all got it all up there! Actually, it DID snow here last night, but as my sister said, the wind was blowing so hard, it all LANDED in KY! :lmao:
This morning is the coldest day we've had so far this year...I. Hate. The. Cold!!!

So yeah, I agree, nice to see some pretty flowers this morning and dream of spring. Thanks, Freq!

Thank you Sharon, very much

In our part of the world, we seldom see snow save in freezers :grumpy:

Regards :D
 
Good morning to you, too!
Not sure I'm fond of the noise and the lighting of this one, but thanks for the flowers, anyway! :)
 
Hey man. The lighting seemed a bit harsh, but certainly very pretty flowers.

Your avatar is the hawtness, btw. :)

EDIT: Oh btw... I should give my standard comment on flower shots: they're boring. I think my feelings for you as I know you as a person sorta choked off my usual pointed commentary, and I shouldn't do that. Sorry for being too nice. :lol:

Anyway, flowers are very pretty, and it's always great to see them, but as photographic works they really do tend to be boring as snot. Mish is the master of turning flowers into something more by bringing out the beauty in and around them... Georgia O'Keefe is the master of bringing out the beauty of the things by showing you what they are made of... and what they look like. *cough* If there's another vector in there, I don't know what it is, but I don't see it in this particular shot.

Still... pretty. :)
 
Some are terribly boring, some not so bad and a rare few which are visually stunning...as with everything, I guess...either or, it is always nice to see fresh flowers.
 
Some are terribly boring, some not so bad and a rare few which are visually stunning...as with everything, I guess...either or, it is always nice to see fresh flowers.

Lies. Flower shots fall into three categories:

Category 1: Inventory shots. This is 93.6% of all pictures of flowers taken on the planet. These are boring.
Category 2: Closeups. This is 5.4% of all pictures taken of flowers on the planet, and they have some interest, but generally not tons because it's been kinda overdone.
Category 3: Artistic Craziness. This is the last 1%, they're amazing, creative and staggeringly awesome.
 
Good morning to you to. nice flowers. :)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man. The lighting seemed a bit harsh, but certainly very pretty flowers.

Your avatar is the hawtness, btw. :)

EDIT: Oh btw... I should give my standard comment on flower shots: they're boring. I think my feelings for you as I know you as a person sorta choked off my usual pointed commentary, and I shouldn't do that. Sorry for being too nice. :lol:

Anyway, flowers are very pretty, and it's always great to see them, but as photographic works they really do tend to be boring as snot. Mish is the master of turning flowers into something more by bringing out the beauty in and around them... Georgia O'Keefe is the master of bringing out the beauty of the things by showing you what they are made of... and what they look like. *cough* If there's another vector in there, I don't know what it is, but I don't see it in this particular shot.

Still... pretty. :)

Some are terribly boring, some not so bad and a rare few which are visually stunning...as with everything, I guess...either or, it is always nice to see fresh flowers.

Lies. Flower shots fall into three categories:

Category 1: Inventory shots. This is 93.6% of all pictures of flowers taken on the planet. These are boring.
Category 2: Closeups. This is 5.4% of all pictures taken of flowers on the planet, and they have some interest, but generally not tons because it's been kinda overdone.
Category 3: Artistic Craziness. This is the last 1%, they're amazing, creative and staggeringly awesome.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ye, Manni... i am the least disturbed by harsh criticism, be it by you or any one else; i really enjoy and take things on the lighter side....
I ma not dismayed by your opinions, but distressed by your attitude; no body can be authoritative about in opinions; our knowledge,abilities etc are always confined by their limitations, the difference being in their radius; is it good to think that "This is my opinion, which is the rules for the whole world to follow"??? for you flowers are boring to be photographed; for millions it might be that way.... but if for a single person or two, it is not that way, he has the right of his/her expression. Further comparing two artists and condemn one in praise of the other is the worst kind of attitude a person can hold. Mishele is the Princess of floral garden of photography ;) That does not mean others should stop photographing flowers. This world has different kind of people of different tastes, so this forum has.....You can comment on the quality of images; but it is unfair to condemn a genre ....

With no harsh feelings ;)
 
Some are terribly boring, some not so bad and a rare few which are visually stunning...as with everything, I guess...either or, it is always nice to see fresh flowers.
I appreciate that maturity of opinion :D
 
I appreciate the warmth in which you posted these flowers..... nice to see some sunshine even if it is only on my screen. The image unfortunately is a little over processed which adds to the noise that I see, maybe a little less color saturation would help you.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom