GOOD MORNING!

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, when I woke up this morning I rolled over and felt and instant pain shoot up my back... I knew from the feel of it that it was a scorpion... even though I didn't see it... :thumbdown: (I've been stung by everything too many times... so I know what stings me before I see it) :p

I looked for it for a second and didn't see it.. so I went down stairs to put some stuff on it... my mom tried the wasp sting stopper stuff.. but that didn't work... so we mixed some baking soda and water together and put it on.. that works pretty well to neutralize the venom.

I went back upstairs to find the scorpion.. and sure enough there was a huge Mexican Bark Scorpion crawling on my sheets(which are about the same color of the scorpion... time to get new sheets!)
scorpion.jpg

and here's the side of my back where it stung me!
scorpionsting.jpg

I've found more than 5 of these in the past week. :thumbdown:
I'm going keep this one to photograph more... so be looking for them! :mrgreen:

PS. the scorpion is sitting here in a cup next to me. :lol:

ow....... ya know we dont have scorpions over here..... the thought of waking up with one in my bed freaks me out..... but i guess ya'll are used to it :lol:

Archangel said:
ow....... ya know we dont have scorpions over here..... the thought of waking up with one in my bed freaks me out..... but i guess ya'll are used to it :lol:
yeah, like I said... I've found 5 in the past week... :p
if you pull off their stingers they can't do anything to ya! ;)

Man I'm glad I don't live somewhere where stuff like that lives.

I couldn't deal with that. Seeing little spiders makes me all weird, let alone venomous SCORPIONS. And those flesh eating venom spiders you posted before. Jesus.

Don't you have things to like...keep those things out of your house? Traps? Poison? Gah, I'm so glad the biggest pest we "could" get here is a rat. Atleast those things are going for food, not climbing into bed with you.

bace said:
Man I'm glad I don't live somewhere where stuff like that lives.

I couldn't deal with that. Seeing little spiders makes me all weird, let alone venomous SCORPIONS. And those flesh eating venom spiders you posted before. Jesus.

Don't you have things to like...keep those things out of your house? Traps? Poison? Gah, I'm so glad the biggest pest we "could" get here is a rat. Atleast those things are going for food, not climbing into bed with you.
you can't keep them out. Unless you wanted to seal it up airtight somehow... and even then.. they will somehow get in! :lol:
You just learn to watch out for them, you get used to it// I haven't been stung by one in a looong time before this.

Can't you get a cat? Aren't cats supposed to eat things like that?

bace said:
Can't you get a cat? Aren't cats supposed to eat things like that?
hah... cats here run at the site of these.. :lmao: (if they have encountered them before that is... )
What DOES catch them and eat them are WASPS! :lol:
So, we're screwed either way. ;)

That looks like a fun way to start the day, not.
yep, it sucked... :grumpy:

How big is that thing? Can you put something next to it so I know the actual size? Cause if you're saying wasps eat them, that means they're not that big. Or the wasps there are effing huge. Which wouldn't surprise me. Sounds like like you're living in deadly insect zone of America.

I wouldn't be surprised if the wasps stinger makes you balls fall off or something.

dude i wouldn't sleep ever again...... or i'd rig up a hammock or summin.... i cant be dealing with big spiders either, let alone summin that stings..... i think its meerkats your think of base.... :lol: ...... they eat anything thats dangerous...... i'd buy one (or a dozen) of those!

Here's a pic of it next to a quarter.
scorpionquarter.jpg

They do get a little larger than that... but not too much.
The worst thing is... is they are small... That's why they are so hard to find. :thumbdown:

The deadly one's that are around here are about half the size and orange. (the smaller they get the deadlier they get)

Even the baby scorpions hurt a lot... sometimes they hurt even more because when they DO sting you they release ALL their venom into you. :confused:

Archangel said:
dude i wouldn't sleep ever again...... or i'd rig up a hammock or summin.... i cant be dealing with big spiders either, let alone summin that stings..... i think its meerkats your think of base.... :lol: ...... they eat anything thats dangerous...... i'd buy one (or a dozen) of those!
see, what they do is....

While you're sleeping they crawl up on the ceiling and drop down onto you. :lol:
So, a hammock wouldn't help in that case. ;)

omg...the smaller ones are deadlier? Jesus.

Where do you live again? Remind me never to visit there. Unless I'm in a well air conditioned and highrise hotel.

Gah. Deadly insects, I can't deal.

:lmao: The more deadly one's are very rare... I've only seen them a few times.

and like I said... it gets to be second nature that you check your shoes before putting them on/look before you get in bed/look before you sit down... and watch where you're walking... etc...
Not that big of a deal... also, the pain is almost gone. :mrgreen:

I was shaking the quarter around hitting it in the cup and it was making it mad stinging it... so I guess it figured it couldn't beat it... so it grabbed on and went for the ride... :lol:

scorpioncontrast.jpg

Most reactions

Back