What's new

Good point and shoot?

BmDubb

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 6, 2009
Messages
243
Reaction score
0
Location
Knoxville, Tennessee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im looking to buy a new Digital Camera this week. But, Im looking at a point and shoot. Something to carry with me, when I don't feel like packing around my D80 and other equipment. I still want CLEAR, nice pictures. And I want the digital camera to be " Sturdy ", I hate those small cameras that are like the size of a cigarette pack. Any recommendations or opinions? Probably will shoot alot of outdoor pictures, and some indoor shots ( From like Christmas family gatherings and such )
 
Canon G10 if youj have the money
otherwise - I liked my Pentax optio e-30
 
Cameras I'd look into:

Nikon P6000
Canon S90
Canon G10/G11
Panasonic LX3
 
I went through several for my wife until landing with a Nikon Cool Pix. They maintain quality through all their models.
The Pentax performed well enough except it was a battery hog. Three or four pictures and two more AAs were shot.
Go with Nikon.
 
Canon S90 if you're a serious shooter. Has all the important stuff easy to access in the form of knobs/dials. Canon SD780 if you want something barely noticable. Canon is the way to go. I have some examples on my website as well as links to these items. Check it out in my sig.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom