Good Times at the County Fair

cdnaiphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This year's fair was all but interesting but I thought "hey, might as well go check it out in this boring little town." :)

_DSC0030.jpg

_DSC00092.jpg

_DSC0008.jpg

AND this guy was just a goofy little man...cracked me up

_DSC0093.jpg

I really like long exposure night shots.

#1: I like the crazy angle. It suits the subject. I don't like the motion blur on the people, but unless you were walking around with a bunch of lighting, I don't know what you could have done differently, lol. Maybe opening up the aperture a bit (f/16 seems a bit overboard to me). The blown out spot from that light they put up doesn't help, either.

#2: This one's my favorite. Again, I like the composition and the subject. But the blown out Cotton Candy store is killing it. I don't suppose you took two exposures? You could clone the non-blown out cotton candy, but I don't know how it would look. I still really like the shot.

#3: Ditto to #2. Lots of blown out areas. I like #2's angle better.

#4: I'm not sure the crazy angle works on this one. Also, a higher f/# would have given you better depth of field so it's feet were in focus.

I really like long exposure night shots.

#1: I like the crazy angle. It suits the subject. I don't like the motion blur on the people, but unless you were walking around with a bunch of lighting, I don't know what you could have done differently, lol. Maybe opening up the aperture a bit (f/16 seems a bit overboard to me). The blown out spot from that light they put up doesn't help, either.

#2: This one's my favorite. Again, I like the composition and the subject. But the blown out Cotton Candy store is killing it. I don't suppose you took two exposures? You could clone the non-blown out cotton candy, but I don't know how it would look. I still really like the shot.

#3: Ditto to #2. Lots of blown out areas. I like #2's angle better.

#4: I'm not sure the crazy angle works on this one. Also, a higher f/# would have given you better depth of field so it's feet were in focus.

Yes...I have two exposures of #2. I was out there playing with lighting and I was playing around with no flash...just seeing what I could do...Thanks for the input. I will mess around in Photoshop and see if I can fix a few of those things...

and the rooster one...I was just glad I got him in focus...he was a total spaz ;)

nice photos the last one is a little funny... looks like one of those birds they have in the cages...

Love the patterns created in #1.

I think #2 works well with the centered subject. The heigth difference across the top creates an implied angled line from top left towards bottom right. That said I think it may have been stronger if you framed the cotton candy stall on the right, and captured all of the ferris wheel on the left. With the ticket booth at the right edge, you would still maintain that implied line. #3 took it too far, cuttin off the edge of the cotton candy stall. Had you stepped back, you could have included all three of he elements you were capturing here.

:thumbup:

Love the patterns created in #1.

I think #2 works well with the centered subject.

:thumbup:

Thanks! I thought the pattern was kinda cool also. I wish I would have stepped back on #2 and got the whole ferris wheel :(

What lens did you use? I really like how the color of everything in the cotton candy pictures, and I like how everything in the fair is brighter while the edges are darker. Was that in PP or did the pictures come out like that?

What lens did you use? I really like how the color of everything in the cotton candy pictures, and I like how everything in the fair is brighter while the edges are darker. Was that in PP or did the pictures come out like that?

I used a Tokina 11-16 f2.8. I love wide angle lenses ;)
That was mainly due to PP but it was all available light, so some of it was due to the lighting outside.
The color was already pretty bright and vibrant but Photoshop always helps ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back