Goodbye Sony, Going to Canon

firemedic0135

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Won an auction on ebay last night for a 30d and 18-55mm kit lens and a 75-300mm zoom, and a 430ex?I think speedlight.all for 1200.00 usd.
Looked like a pretty good deal to me so let me know if I did all right.I am not really interested in the glass and will prob sell them to help cover the cost of some "L" glass ,Mainly a 70-200mm 2.8.

Going to sell off my alpha equip if you want some of it let me know.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me...welcome to the winning team ;)

I'm in the market for a 10Mp camera...
what do you want for the body?

I'm in the market for a 10Mp camera...
what do you want for the body?

Pm sent efergoh

I see that I accidently put 2 of these posts up here:er:
sorry about that could a mod please pull the other one.

As to the question why I am switching is I mainly shoot sports and I need a faster Fps and some better noise control at higher iso.Not really concerned with the drop in 2 mp.The other is that sony Glass is really high(in price) compared to canon "L" glass with the IS that works better I hear.Then there is the focus,That works great on static and slower moving images but cannot quite keep up with what I need.Hoping the USM will do better.

I have been looking for awhile now and I really wanted the Nikon D200 but with the cost difference I can apply the savings to some Nice Glass.

a good friend that works with me just got the alpha and would be interested in the lenses .

can you give me a email address and tomorrow at work I will shoot it to him.

just spell it out so that the spams dont pick it up

ie... xxxxdotcom

thanks, I got it..

ill send it to him..

Pm sent efergoh

I see that I accidently put 2 of these posts up here:er:
sorry about that could a mod please pull the other one.

As to the question why I am switching is I mainly shoot sports and I need a faster Fps and some better noise control at higher iso.Not really concerned with the drop in 2 mp.The other is that sony Glass is really high(in price) compared to canon "L" glass with the IS that works better I hear.Then there is the focus,That works great on static and slower moving images but cannot quite keep up with what I need.Hoping the USM will do better.

I have been looking for awhile now and I really wanted the Nikon D200 but with the cost difference I can apply the savings to some Nice Glass.

A bit of a FYI - Sony makes the sensor for Nikon and at higher ISO Nikon is very noisy (I think the Alpha and the D200 are the same sensor, they are the same size and have the same number of pixels.)

If you're shooting sports at night then Canon is the best way to go. "IS" is not useful for sports. IS only stops hand shake not subject motion. If you shoot a moving object with a slow shutter speed it will be blurry with IS. You don't need IS for sports, the shutter speed required to stop fast moving sports action is also fast enough to stop hand shake.

Gary

Sorry you couldn't get the Nikon you wanted but I think you'll love being a Canon user none-the-less. That sounds like a phenomenal deal.

I think I may have mislead you a bit.I am not terribly concerned with IS, I am just stating that a 70-200mm 2.8(1700) lens for example is cheaper from canon with IS built in than a 70-200mm (2500)sony lens or any of the others high end Glass for that matter.

How about offerings from Tamron/tokina/Sigma for the Sony/Minolta? Are they just as expensive? I would think that there are some Minolta bargains out there for fast telephoto zooms.

I borrowed the Sony for a few hours... its a wonderful camera and I for one a excited to see Sony as a DSLR player.

How about offerings from Tamron/tokina/Sigma for the Sony/Minolta? Are they just as expensive? I would think that there are some Minolta bargains out there for fast telephoto zooms.

I borrowed the Sony for a few hours... its a wonderful camera and I for one a excited to see Sony as a DSLR player.

The problem with the tamron/sigma/tokina offerings are that they quit making glass for the minolta mount when Minolta Left the Market.
The only ones available are used and selling for more than other models for canon,nikon.There are a few bargains for the alpha but you really have to scour around to find them.

I also dont have a problem with the alpha other than it is not fast enough for my needs/wants.

While i am a konicaMINOLTA 7D user, i appreciate the need for photog's who shoot sports to make the switch. The fact that Canon is the undisputed FPS/AF "King of the Hill" (for now - tomorrow, who knows?) makes the switch clearer for those who those type of needs. Enjoy all those high-speed, reasonable-priced lenses!!!

Could you send me a e-mail with what you're looking for on the 80-200 2.8. Which 80-200 is it?

Hopefully Sony's new dSLR's are going to take the A-mount to the next level (looks like it, but ya never know....). Also, hopefully the premium Minolta (Sony-rebaged) glass prices will descend back into the land of reality instead of astronomy (as in astronomical prices).

fm

Well one anti Canon/Nikon person bites the dust I am glad to see you came over to the other side.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back