What's new

Goodwill

Neat. Agree. But you could take more care in capturing bot "ears" of that fellow whole. :D
 
i really like the texture here. is it sooc or added?
 
Looks out of focus to me. I have a hard time with your editing philosophy, though it is indeed yours to hold onto dearly...but just saying that modern digital camera capture so much information, I don't see how you can get to the image you shot with only the edits you suggest you make. I don't spend an inordinate amount of time editing, but I do edit to a series of conditions and make sure I address each of them. Each to his own.
 
Looks out of focus to me. I have a hard time with your editing philosophy, though it is indeed yours to hold onto dearly...but just saying that modern digital camera capture so much information, I don't see how you can get to the image you shot with only the edits you suggest you make. I don't spend an inordinate amount of time editing, but I do edit to a series of conditions and make sure I address each of them. Each to his own.

That could well be because it was shot at 1.8 with a SS of 1/4 handheld - but with regards to other edits - let's assume it's in focus, and intentionally blurred to the left - what other edits would you have made?
Or are you saying you don't believe I only made those edits? I couldn't tell. Thanks.
 
I'm going to agree with Bright on his editing philosophy.

Goodwill is a great place to go to!
 
I love it! I'm no pro, but I sort of wish it was centered more. Maybe that is just me.
 
Looks out of focus to me. I have a hard time with your editing philosophy, though it is indeed yours to hold onto dearly...but just saying that modern digital camera capture so much information, I don't see how you can get to the image you shot with only the edits you suggest you make. I don't spend an inordinate amount of time editing, but I do edit to a series of conditions and make sure I address each of them. Each to his own.

That could well be because it was shot at 1.8 with a SS of 1/4 handheld - but with regards to other edits - let's assume it's in focus, and intentionally blurred to the left - what other edits would you have made?
Or are you saying you don't believe I only made those edits? I couldn't tell. Thanks.

And not saying this in any sort of a mean way, but I wouldn't have made the shot. I don't find anything about the shot particularly enticing, but to be fair, I also wasn't there. I was referring to the editing philosophy in a more generalized way. In my edit, I have also included doing some exposure adjustments both at the curves and levels level. I rotated the head to even up the eyes and cropped for a little more symmetry -oh, and did some selective sharpening to even out the focus....but that's just my tastes.

$face.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom