Goodwood Festival of Speed

TamiyaGuy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few weeks ago, my dad & I took a trip to the Goodwood Festival of Speed, a celebration of all typed of cars, past and present. So I thought you'd all like to see some of my best shots taken there :D.

Our first location was the Forest rally stage, a 2-mile dirt track. We decided to hole up for a little at the specified jump. This was one of my favourites, the classic rally car, an Audi Quattro, going at it like a bull in a china shop :p.
ISO 400, 1/1000, f/5.6, 200mm lens.
11tab92.jpg

After that, we headed to the technology centre, a showcase for prototypes and concepts. Not much came of this because of the crowds, but I quite like this, the Ford Iosis Max. Just look at that speedo!
1/25, f/3.5, 18mm.
zwevdg.jpg

On our way to our next planned "stop", we came across the hillclimb track, giving me a chance to try out my (pretty poor) panning skills.
1/320, f/8, 72mm.
o6jkli.jpg

One of the final shots of the day was of these three Mercedes Mclaren SL's. I really wanted to focus on the distinctive noses of the unmistakable Merc's.
1/250, f/13, 55mm.
dwcu9l.jpg

Finally, looking back, I saw these three Toyotas lined up perfectly, each car poking out of the previous one. I absolutely loved it, and I used a wide aperture to blow the ugly background out of focus.
1/800, f/2.8, 90mm.
bfm6xg.jpg

Well, I hope you enjoyed them all and, as always, C&C is appreciated. Thanks for looking! :D

WOW! What a festival! Great job for picture 1. Wish I was there...nice collection of fancy cars.

damn that looks fun

about the toyota .. is it me or the first ones hood is really dented?

looks squished or something (idk what model it is so meh :D)

Argh, sorry for not replying sooner. Thanks for that, Mylo! Yeah, I got pretty lucky with that photo. It's remarkable, when you saw it, the cars only seemed to get 3 inches off the ground, max. But when I took a photo, damn. Some of the drivers were complete nutters ;).

To Boog: Thanks again :D. I'm not sure if the Toyota... Corolla?'s hood was dented or not, that might just be the styling.

Thanks for the comments!

Beautiful cars... and beautiful pictures! last picture is great and the SLR's picture is great too, they're both considered as the best in this thread,it doesn't mean that the rest aren't nice though!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back