Goofy Squirrel

rallysman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot this squirrel that has a jacked up ear today. I have a few others because this guy was a comedian.
D90, 200-400 @ 390mm ISO1600.

main.php

The color of the squirrel is interesting, did you alter it?
I have taken some snaps of squirrels as well...I have noticed how large their hind feet are as well.

I was trying to make the log look right since I was too far away from the squirrel to tell what it really looked like. I could have screwed the white balance up.

Rally
I am by no means knocking your photo. You are in a different part of the country, and it is highly possible the squirrels are a different color.

sky looks way too over saturated for my taste, ruins the photo for me.

sky looks way too over saturated for my taste, ruins the photo for me.

I see what you're saying, but those are trees. It doesn't look that great, I have to agree.

It seems to me the focus of this photo is the squirrel. The sky backround is neutral and does not distract from the image, therefore I believe it works well.
No.....

It seems to me the focus of this photo is the squirrel. The sky backround is neutral and does not distract from the image, therefore I believe it works well.
No.....

Thanks. After looking at it again I would try to make it blend more next time. I've got a couple more shots of the squirrel. I'll throw those up in a while too.

Rally
I am by no means knocking your photo. You are in a different part of the country, and it is highly possible the squirrels are a different color.

Thats how our squirrels look.

Its an ok shot. Too soft for my taste

There are many different squirrels, we have four of them here on our property alone. Blacks, Greys, Reds & Chipmunks, yes Chipmunks are squirrels. Here is a Red on our balcony.

P1010872sm.jpg

How did you get your photo so crisp? I love it.

More like goofy settings, Iso1600, 1/4000 :confused:

That's just me being a jackass. I'm 1 week into having this camera so I'm going out and pushing the ISO just to see what it can do. I know I could have dropped the ISO significantly but I'm like a kid in a candy store right now. I'm shooting that high simply because I can:)

It's part of my learning curve. Which is why I'm taking pictures of squirrels. lol.

Here's another of the squirrel with the same "goofy" settings

main.php

Most reactions

New Topics

Back