-Goose in Action-

SeventySix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone, i was out today at my pond and happened to stumble on a goose-couple, and their nest of 5 eggs! Hopefully they will continue to provide a subject for photos. But what i have here is 2 Photos of One of them reared back wings flapping in the water! Let me know what you think, id deem them average photos personally, especially the first one as it cut the wing off a bit much, but hey, id love to hear what everyone on here has to say! Constructive criticism/Feed back is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Also included are two simple shots of one of them in the water too, but they aren't the focus of my post, id say ignore them, they were just quick shots.

All Shot at 100 ISO

Here They Are:

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

Last edited:
The first two are nice action shots.

The second two are sadly oof and don't do it for me. I like the first one the most.

The first two are nice action shots.

The second two are sadly oof and don't do it for me. I like the first one the most.

Thank you for the kind words

And yes as i said the second two were quick shots, i just uploaded them because they were of the same subject and in the same folder haha.

If only you'd have had your camera in the landscape position! Then both wings would have been inside your frame. To my mind, the clipped off wing is not a minor thing. It's actually THE thing that makes these photos merely average. The crooked bank in the background adds to it, and light was not to your advantage, either, as the black of their necks and faces is blocked black. No more detail. No eyes to be seen. Light was harsh and halfway against you: very difficult situation!

But I say you made the most of it, other than having the camera in the wrong (i.e. portrait) position.

If only you'd have had your camera in the landscape position! Then both wings would have been inside your frame. To my mind, the clipped off wing is not a minor thing. It's actually THE thing that makes these photos merely average. The crooked bank in the background adds to it, and light was not to your advantage, either, as the black of their necks and faces is blocked black. No more detail. No eyes to be seen. Light was harsh and halfway against you: very difficult situation!

But I say you made the most of it, other than having the camera in the wrong (i.e. portrait) position.

Thanks for the feedback, i see what your saying with the portrait view and lighting, crooked bank etc. i had been waiting for nearly 40 minutes awaiting for an ooppurtunity for them to flair again, i wont bore you with the story though haha. But thank you for the advice, i see what your saying and agree.

Most reactions

Back