Gorillapod Focus??

Tweaker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey just wondering if anyone had messed with a Gorillapod Focus yet, When I picked up my new lens last week I noticed it at the shop. Looked pretty beffy and was supporting a D90 with a 70-200 2.8. I'm really not sold on gorillapod's but this one really sparked my interest.

Zach

it looks awesome! i have the regular gorilla pod (slr i think) and i used it in hawaii to take self portraits using a d40x and it was plenty strong, im thinking about this one for my d300s

I have just the regular Gorilla pod and it's sturdy as hell. I keep it in my pack for those occasion when I need level support on the go, and my tripod is at home.

I have just the regular Gorilla pod and it's sturdy as hell. I keep it in my pack for those occasion when I need level support on the go, and my tripod is at home.

wow .. it can support your SLR ?

i would think itd be to heavy for it
never got the chance to try cause i lost mine in a party :(

yeah, I have the SLR version and it supports a gripped D90 with no problem.

I thought that was the regular one? Lol

I have the SLR version too and its pretty neat. Worth having for sure.

****, I guess I have the SLR Zoom...:lol:
I just went to their site to check it out..... All I knew was it was sturdy as hell.

Well I go it,,, I must say after messing with it this thing is a beast!!! I put my D90 with 70-200 2.8 on it and just set up in many different ways seems to be pretty solid even upside down.

Zach

Thanks for the info, i've been thinking of getting one of these since this thread got started.

Nothing fancy but here's a pic.

Zach

Attachments

• $DSCN0036.jpg
    $DSCN0036.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 148
Now I wish I would have got that version instead of the regular SLR version. Oh well, I had a chance to break it out today while I was on a walk! Was glad I had it in my bag.

I was just about to order the SLR zoom version for my upcoming trip to mexico. I want to travel light for this trip. Now I think I am just going to grab this one to be safe.

On a side note, does anyone know which Gorillapod is best for a 580EXII flash? It looks like the SLR version is the one they suggest. Just looking for more real world experienve on it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back