[Gorio] - A Mystical Safari: Siquijor Island, Apo Island and Dumaguete Philippines

beautiful shots!!!

*Yemme puts her feet in the water* I can feel the warmth... Much better than cold %#$#@%&$ NYC... Happy New year and I like this image, great composition.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
This was shot on the 2nd floor, I thought it's used for their choir but instead it's a bodega! I was scared with the integrity of the wood and stairs that time because most of it is chipped off and BLACK MOLDS are present, but what the hell I bet the scene up there is worth it haha

We went there on a Sunday around 9am and the church was packed with devotees and locals attending the mass. We waited for it to finish so I could take pictures of the altar and the interiors of the church. We noticed how old the details on the floor and paints on the ceiling. They were not restored at all. You can actually smell that distinct "old wood" inside the church.

"St. Isidore Labradore Church; Convent in Lazi is known as the biggest convent in the whole of Asia. Its conceptualization and construction began in 1857 by Augustinian Recollects and was completed by Filipino artisans in the year 1884. In the 1970’s, both the church and the convent were declared National Historical Shrines" - Siquijor Tourism

ISO 50 l 22mm l f16 l 10" l CPL l 5DMK2 l 17-40L​

4174446428_70854813ba_o.jpg

Oh my... Beautiful... Absolutely Beautiful. The aging and color plus the perspective. If you took pictures of the alter post them asap.

Oh my... Beautiful... Absolutely Beautiful. The aging and color plus the perspective. If you took pictures of the alter post them asap.

Makes we want to go there. thannks.

thanks yemme and starkast!;) will upload them once i finished pp-ing them.

Gandang tanghali kaibigan:) More narration, more pictures please:D

We went there on a Sunday around 9am and the church was packed with devotees and locals attending the mass. We waited for it to finish so I could take pictures of the altar and the interiors of the church. We noticed how old the details on the floor and paints on the ceiling. They were not restored at all. You can actually smell that distinct "old wood" inside the church.

"St. Isidore Labradore Church; Convent in Lazi is known as the biggest convent in the whole of Asia. Its conceptualization and construction began in 1857 by Augustinian Recollects and was completed by Filipino artisans in the year 1884. In the 1970’s, both the church and the convent were declared National Historical Shrines" - Siquijor Tourism

ISO 50 l 17mm l f16 l 10" l CPL l 5DMK2 l 17-40L

4258626344_6d959ea351_o.jpg

is the 1st image I took when i reached Apo island. I was at awe looking at this cliff with its multiple and well defined layers. It was shaped by time and it really is the work of Nature. My only wish is that the locals would continue to preserve Apo and it will give them more in return.

Apo Island, a small and pristine island that offers fantastic snorkelling and some of the best diving in the Philippines. This Island has some lovely and scenic view with a magnificent and good assorment of dive sites. Stunning and outstanding hard and soft corals are all around and enormous table corals, stag horns, brain corals and fire corals can be seen. You will also encounter lovely beaches and a tranquil, relaxing atmosphere, as no automobiles are allowed on the island. The waters around Apo Island are calm due to the unique coral formations that also attract an array of marine life, making this an ideal diving location. - Apo Island - Homepage

ISO 100 l 17mm l f9 l 1/50" l CPL l .9 NDGRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L

4244495996_2186078e80_o.jpg

Most reactions

Back