What's new

gosh dang it!

^^ And that is why sometimes people willing to pay a little more for the peace of mind.
 
Hey Brandy, let us know how this ends up, would you?

I have never had an issue with B&H that wasn't handled immediately.
Sorry Brandy had this issue but it certainly seems that the B&H customer service has handled it pretty now based on the forum posting.
 
I really appreciate everyone putting in their $.02

First, I apologize for the condition of the product you received. This is unacceptable and am sorry.

I cannot ID you or this transaction from the info here. If you can email your order number to me (and a brief reminder of the topic so I can winnow you email from the vast disarray of my in box) I can do a couple of things.


Thank you Henry, for taking interest in the situation I am in. I tried to PM you, and the following message appeared:

"
  1. henryp has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.
"


If you could PM me, that would be great and I can give you my info then.
 
To everyone else .....

I will be sure to give you the update, to let you all know what is to come of this...

What an awesome forum!

If it weren't for TPF... this wouldn't have been brought to the attention of the higher up at B&H.

Thank you! :hugs:
 
If you could PM me, that would be great and I can give you my info then.
I have PM turned off in every one of the 100+ forums I frequent where it is possible to do so. My e-mail address is in my forum sig. It is easier and more secure for me to handle this via email. Thanks.

... the higher up at B&H.
Aahhh. Height jokes? :-)
 
Last edited:
Okay I just emailed you, Henry. :thumbup:
Sorry, I thought you meant PM on TFP. whoops
 
Last edited:
Are these the Impact(B&H house brand) umbrellas?

Being dirty/black seems to be a common problem. Mine were the same but I just kept them, I don't think that the small amount of markings on the fabric will affect my photos. But yeah, you're definitely not the first person who's had this issue.

To B&H's credit, i did have one of the umbrella's fabric parts fall apart, and they were very good about the exchange, getting me a call tag and stuff.
 
In defense of B&H, I've been doing business with them for about seven years now and never had a problem. But then again I've never had to return anything. Everything I've ever ordered has always been in the condition stated. I shop there almost exclusively for photo-related gear.

I've also been known to buy from Adorama and Cameta Camera from time to time. Both of them are good too. However, Cameta sat on my last order for five days before shipping it. :irked:
 
Return authorization, and a pre-paid UPS package label, AND new umbrellas are on their way to the OP. The new umbrellas are coming via UPS 2-day rush, with s&h waived.
 
In defense of B&H, I've been doing business with them for about seven years now and never had a problem. But then again I've never had to return anything. Everything I've ever ordered has always been in the condition stated. I shop there almost exclusively for photo-related gear.

I've also been known to buy from Adorama and Cameta Camera from time to time. Both of them are good too. However, Cameta sat on my last order for five days before shipping it. :irked:

I've been dealing with B&H and Adorama since before the Internet existed and I've never been disappointed. I've pretty much standardized on B&H lately because I've found their web site easier to use.

In any event, if I were ever to get an unsatisfactory response regarding a service issue, I'd figure that the rep was having a bad hair day. I'd simply hang up and talk to someone else.
 
Return authorization, and a pre-paid UPS package label, AND new umbrellas are on their way to the OP. The new umbrellas are coming via UPS 2-day rush, with s&h waived.

:thumbup:
 
Everybody screws up, everyone gets "Murphy'd" from time-to-time...

It's how the business handles a problem by their Customer Service people that either sets them apart, or puts them in with everyone else.

Looks like B&H did good, and that is why we recommend them so highly in the first place.

Thanks again, Henry!
 
Are these the Impact(B&H house brand) umbrellas?

Yup! They sure are. 45'' white w/black covers.

Everybody screws up, everyone gets "Murphy'd" from time-to-time...

It's how the business handles a problem by their Customer Service people that either sets them apart, or puts them in with everyone else.

Looks like B&H did good, and that is why we recommend them so highly in the first place.

Thanks again, Henry!

Amen brother. :headbang:
I agree.. I was never pee'd off, just disappointed, only because it was my FIRST lighting equipment purchase... and I was looking very foward to receiving it.
That's all. :)

Henry is taking care of me :mrgreen:
Here's the email:

Re Web No: xxxxxxxxxxxx
I issued an RMA and asked for a pre-paid return label for the umbrellas you now have. I am sorry for the inconvenience. ​
I am going to ask the returns dept manager if he'd be willing to ship the replacement pieces before we get your return back to expedite this, under the circumstances. The replacement order is our QUO xxxxxxxxx.


10 minutes later :D:


UPDATE:
The new umbrellas are set to go, today probably, with free 2-day rush shipping.​



No worries :)

but to finalize it, I'll let you know when they arrive :D

Thanks again Henry! I very much appreciate it.
 
Glad to hear your situation was rectified! I have baught 2 things from BH so far and the one time i returned the item and there was no hassle on their end. Although paying for shipping back to them sucked, it was expected. I just ordered my UV filter and CF card on sunday and just got them this morning! Glad to see there is someone on here from BH handling biz!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom