gosh dang it!

So For the Record... :lol:

I received two more umbrellas yesterday. :D
I have to say that they ARE in better condition.... but they do have a light gray hint on two of the 'panels,' on both umbrellas, where it looks like the black cover has faded onto the white. not to nit-pick, just being honest.

I played around with them a lot, and did not notice any difference. :thumbup:
So I'm not going to worry about it. I think it's only fair to show the new ones sent... so brb...

....okay, I'm back, here they are:
DSC_0476.jpg

DSC_0483.jpg

and again, please don't mind the crappy table side lighting. :lol: due to my unwillingness to work. hehe

Anyway...
it's nothing to cry about. Hey- what do you expect - you get what you pay for. lol. $30 for the both,+tax/ship.

Note to self: buy the better brand. hehe

And no hard feelings with B&H... I will buy from them again in the future.
They had great customer service via this awesome forum!
B&H if your out there... lol....
maybe look into the manufacturer that produces these, though. ;)

Thank you for the awesome customer care!

Thanks again for everyone listening to the biatching... teehee

no harm. no foul. lets play! :mrgreen:

What brand are they? I ordered some Westcott umbrellas and nothing like that. They were from Adorama though so maybe it's just the site they are at or something. I'm glad to see that BH did a good job though with the customer service and helping you out.

Hopefully though they can fix up this issue with the black fading over on these umbrellas. Cheap or not that shouldn't happen on arrival. As long as they work thought that's all that matters right? The next person though might not be as nice as you and constantly try to return them to BH lol. Have fun with the new lighting equipment!
TJ

What brand are they? I ordered some Westcott umbrellas and nothing like that. They were from Adorama though so maybe it's just the site they are at or something. I'm glad to see that BH did a good job though with the customer service and helping you out.

Hopefully though they can fix up this issue with the black fading over on these umbrellas. Cheap or not that shouldn't happen on arrival. As long as they work thought that's all that matters right? The next person though might not be as nice as you and constantly try to return them to BH lol. Have fun with the new lighting equipment!
TJ

The brand is Impact, which in the reviews, everyone raved about them, especially for this price tag... and everything else you have said, I can agree with.

Brandy, Any reason you opted for them over Roberts here in Indy?

Well, I found them online for cheaper than what Robert's offered at B&H. I could almost purchase 2 1/2 umbrellas compared to one umbrella at Robert's that is only 33'' vs the 45'' that I bought, which I was wanting at least 40''+.

My camera and kit lens came from Robert's though. I also bought the SB600 from there, that was the last time I've been in there. And to be honest, the sales guy that sold me the 600, wasn't very jolly.. they weren't busy when I stopped in - he was in like a rush-rush mode to have me pay and outta there it seemed... :er: he could have just been having a bad day though. I'll still shop there, if they have the better deal. :) In the Sb600's case... Robert's had it cheapest, because of shipping costs everwhere else.

I try to do as much research on the quality and price tag of all the photo equip. that interests me, before I buy anything. this nerd loves to read. :geek:

Most reactions

Back