Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last edited:
Before bed bump.

Bump for c&c

Great captures. nothing but good stuff. love the first one. Ed

I like them all.#3 is that a badger?

Oh ok. I think badger are vicious.

all seem technically good. but since you bumped for cc i'll give you my nitpicks. #3 is a bit boring to me, there's nothing really going on, the subject is a pretty normal looking animal, and in b+w there's not even any colors (like in #2) to draw my interest. #1 feels a bit tight on top. granted i don't know what was off frame, but i feel like i could have used more of the nest as it feels a bit chopped out. maybe not the entire thing but just enough to get some converging curvature of the top of the nest to give some closure on it.

i like #4 the best, probably because it has a lot more context. one thought though, her looking at the kid would have captured the moment better and would have validated the tight crop a lot more (emphasizing the tightness of the embrace, comforting, and connection between the two). obviously you would have lost the beautiful eye shot, but imo that type of shot (although nice) is dime a dozen as you could pose/setup one of those shots any day. this one could have been all about the moment and in that way it would have been stronger imo.

side note, i had an 85 1.8D and absolutely loved the lens. i only sold it since it's duty was pretty much covered by the 100 macro and 70-200 (which were obtained afterward). the g should be quite a performer for you, enjoy it.

Last edited:
all seem technically good. but since you bumped for cc i'll give you my nitpicks. #3 is a bit boring to me, there's nothing really going on, the subject is a pretty normal looking animal, and in b+w there's not even any colors (like in #2) to draw my interest. #1 feels a bit tight on top. granted i don't know what was off frame, but i feel like i could have used more of the nest as it feels a bit chopped out. maybe not the entire thing but just enough to get some converging curvature of the top of the nest to give some closure on it.

i like #4 the best, probably because it has a lot more context. one thought though, her looking at the kid would have captured the moment better and would have validated the tight crop a lot more (emphasizing the tightness of the embrace, comforting, and connection between the two). obviously you would have lost the beautiful eye shot, but imo that type of shot (although nice) is dime a dozen as you could pose/setup one of those shots any day. this one could have been all about the moment and in that way it would have been stronger imo.

side note, i had an 85 1.8D and absolutely loved the lens. i only sold it since it's duty was pretty much covered by the 100 macro and 70-200 (which were obtained afterward). the g should be quite a performer for you, enjoy it.

Finally! Thanks for the CC, heres the original 1 and 3 in color. For One I was unsure of the crop. I wanted to emphasize on the bird mainly, I may have cropped it a little too tight. For 3, I felt like I couldn't get the colors quite right... So I B&W'd it haha.

I do have a few shots of mom looking at our daughter, BUT I couldn't pass up showing off my ladies eyes.

Attachments

• $DSC_1293.jpg
    $DSC_1293.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 142
  • $DSC_1385.jpg
    $DSC_1385.jpg
    694.7 KB · Views: 145
I think you just made my decision, I think Im going to pick up this lens. Great pictures

I think you just made my decision, I think Im going to pick up this lens. Great pictures

Buy and don't look back. You won't regret it lol. I can't put my camera down

How much did you pick it up for? I may be able to get a deal through a buddy at best buy

Shipman said:
How much did you pick it up for? I may be able to get a deal through a buddy at best buy

I paid $400 even shipped to my door. Off of eBay.

Thats not bad at all, do you happen to have the link? Ive been looking into an 85mm 1.8g and an 85mm 1.8d, do you know what the difference is?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back