Got a lighting kit! Woot!

Seriously, the room where we had 2 sets (4 lamps) of constant on lights was about 75 X 250 feet, and totally unheated in Canada's coldest month, February... we heated that ENTIRE room with the lamps only. The place started out near 45 degrees and within a few hours, it was warm enough to walk around in short sleeved shirt and have the models in there comfy enough to not have goose bumps... lol

That is likely hotter than normal, they were around 200-250 watts each, and in that instance, I was glad they put out a lot of heat. :)

Seriously, the room where we had 2 sets (4 lamps) of constant on lights was about 75 X 250 feet, and totally unheated in Canada's coldest month, February... we heated that ENTIRE room with the lamps only. The place started out near 45 degrees and within a few hours, it was warm enough to walk around in short sleeved shirt and have the models in there comfy enough to not have goose bumps... lol

That is likely hotter than normal, they were around 200-250 watts each, and in that instance, I was glad they put out a lot of heat. :)

Well, that's actually pretty slick since I was seriously considering using the unfinished space over my garage as a studio. :thumbup:

Still scary though... :lol:

These are 250 watt lamps as well, btw.

I know so little about these things... what would happen if you went to a 250 watt halogen lamp? Generally lower operating temps and cooler (bluer) light as well.

Most reactions

Back