Got my first Deer! (PETA folk would do best not opening this one.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the thrill of the moment that may be a problem for some. Did the OP feel the thrill of the kill the moment he pulled the trigger and knew he had bagged the deer? If so, was it a thrill knowing that his family would have food to eat and would not starve in the coming winter? Or was it a thrill based solely on killing? There is a difference. Is it a bloodsport? Is there a thrill in simply hunting a prey? Or, is it simply hunting for absolute necessity? There is a difference.

I am from Texas and I have been around hunting all my life, even though I do not participate in it. I get no thrill in killing things. Some people do. And some people can justify their need for killing in all sorts of ways.

Last edited:
I get yall like killing. It is all over the news. I still dont get why this is allowed to be posted here, and it is ok. Off topic or not. Politics and Religion are not approved of, but posting a dead animal is? You people are phucked.

Where are you getting this from? I've seen threads with pics of Muslims praying and of mosques, of Christians and churches, there was a cool series where a guy used light painting to detail a cross. I've seen pics of Occupy and Tea party protests and so much more here. We have plenty of civilized conversations and debates here about many controversial subjects. It's not until some narrow minded fascist like you that thinks their opinion is gospel and spews disgust and anyone who dares to disagree comes along that things go sideways.

Oh, and btw this is an international forum with mods from various countries so it really doesn't make sense to bash U.S. culture based on what you THINK is done inappropriately here. Not that it matters, I'm sure unimportant things like facts and logic are lost on you anyway.

I get yall like killing. It is all over the news. I still dont get why this is allowed to be posted here, and it is ok. Off topic or not. Politics and Religion are not approved of, but posting a dead animal is? .

The ironic part is, you are the only one making it a political discussion...which, like you said, isn't allowed here, which is probably why your posts were removed.

Wow. Just came back to this after a long day. What a cluster****. :lol:To those who get it, thanks. It was a great experience. My family will be fed for months. To warren peace still preaching from atop its soapbox.... The ironies a numerous with your complaints threats and parallels. And for the record, my dog enjoys an abuse free life that most humans would envy. :lol: If you don't like it, just ignore it. Oh yeah, and have a nice night! I have to go to bed now. Tomorrow I'm taking the kids and we're going to go butcher a pig. I'm sure it will be delicious. :D

Well, this turned to shyt , didn't it?
Personally I'm guilty of hunting, fishing and the likes. As I grew older, I saw no need to take life. I never felt good about Killing an animal. So I gave it up many years ago.
What gets me is some hunters do it for bragging rights and have 0 respect for anything that doesn't walk on two legs , and aid in destroying this world.
If I still hunted, I would NEVER post a photo of a measly DOE, with my chest poked out like I just accomplished something. A 12 point Buck, or better yet a Boone and Crockett score, maybe.
But a Doe????????

The other thing that gets me is that some hunters act like they are doing the animal population a favor, as if they can take care of nature by thinning the herd, better than nature can take care of nature.
Millions of years worth of all types of Animals before man ever walked this planet, but now that we're here..........look out..........Screw mother nature, we can do it better. Right?
Say?? Who's going to thin out the 7 billion, overpopulated, human being herd?

Anyway, as long as I can afford a hamburger, I'll let someone else do the killing. If I ever have to do it to feed myself, and sustain life, I will.
Until then, I like animals, I like seeing them in their natural environment. ALIVE and well.

I get yall like killing. It is all over the news. I still dont get why this is allowed to be posted here, and it is ok. Off topic or not. Politics and Religion are not approved of, but posting a dead animal is? .

Did I see you react that strongly to photos of food? Or was there never a food photo that included some kind of meat?

You're a fool.

Unless you are a strict vegetarian, don't wear animal products (leather) or consume in any form animal by-products shut your f^c&ing mouth you hypocrite.

Hunters are the worlds LEADING conservationists and fight for the preservation of lands to ensure the future of species that otherwise would be extinct due to the propagation of those that would use the land for development.

Hunting for flesh is what man should be doing, not going to the supermarket and buying a styrofoam package of meat they let some other human raise in a pen and slaughter. I don't kill for fun. I thank the animal for giving it's life so I can eat/feed my family.

Unless you are a strict vegetarian, don't wear animal products (leather) or consume in any form animal by-products shut your f^c&ing mouth you hypocrite.

Hunters are the worlds LEADING conservationists and fight for the preservation of lands to ensure the future of species that otherwise would be extinct due to the propagation of those that would use the land for development.

Hunting for flesh is what man should be doing, not going to the supermarket and buying a styrofoam package of meat they let some other human raise in a pen and slaughter. I don't kill for fun. I thank the animal for giving it's life so I can eat/feed my family.

You have got to be kidding me. The average hunter is to some degree (thee are way too many deer in the world) but there are still plenty of hunters who kill for the thrill, who kill animals that are protected, etc, etc.

I should have said Hunting Organizations, not the individuals. Culling is another benefit as you mention.

Just to qualify, I was a pro fisherman for ~20 years. I belong to the Golden Gate Fisherman's Society, one of many organizations that fought for the preservation and propagation of Salmon species on the California coast.

AND, I don't consider people who poach or kill for thrill alone hunters.

...I don't consider people who poach or kill for thrill alone hunters.

You may not but they are hunters nonetheless.

And, of course, there is the problem of people who poach for survival... Just because some people in the First World who eat plenty enough have decided that those in the Third World, who don't, should stop hunting, those 3rd Worlders may not be in the wrong just because they hunt protected species. they actually NEED to eat.

as long as it's not for thrill alone ;)

Anyway, back to the OP and his first kill and to those who find it unappetizing, if you prefer to let someone else do the slaughtering so you can enjoy the meat, that's fine but don't go ewww because a man or woman takes matters into their own hands.

To deny the thrill of providing for your needs solely with skill is to deny your own heritage.

Oh, and lightspeed...Yes. A Doe. Some places in the state, that's all you are allowed to hunt depending on the tag. In this case it was hunters choice. I could care less about a trophy. I don't care how big the antlers are, I'm more interested in food for my family. Given the choice between a 12 point Buck and a Doe, id take the doe any day...... It's tastier. And for the record, I am proud. I did accomplish something. My family will be fed for months, and the hide was donated to a group that turns it into gloves for the homeless.... But that's not really the point now is it? You just wanted to get your troll in with warren. And yes, this did turn to ****. Glad you took the opportunity to pile on.

Last edited:
Oh, and lightspeed...Yes. A Doe. Some places in the state, that's all you are allowed to hunt depending on the tag. In this case it was hunters choice. I could care less about a trophy. I don't care how big the antlers are, I'm more interested in food for my family. Given the choice between a 12 point Buck and a Doe, id take the doe any day...... It's tastier. And for the record, I am proud. I did accomplish something. My family will be fed for months, and the hide was donated to a group that turns it into gloves for the homeless.... But that's not really the point now is it? You just wanted to get your troll in with warren. And yes, this did turn to ****. Glad you took the opportunity to pile on.

Seriously? You think I'm trolling you because I voiced a simple opinion?
Your family will be fed for months on a single Doe???????????
Yes Ok I can tell you really never hunted or killed a deer before.
I'm not trolling you. I don't care what you do. I'm not here to worry and lose sleep over what you do.
And for the record, " what are you proud of? You keep beating your chest about feeding your family, like you and the entire clan are starving to death, while I can clearly see from your photo that you're not anywhere near starving or malnourished.
If anything, it wouldn't hurt you to miss a few meals here and there. Perhaps more than a few. As far as your being the great conservationist because you killed an animal. Give it a rest. You're not.

I voiced a simple opinion. I don't expect EVERYONE to be like me, think like me, or live their lives based on me.
I'm just as guilty of hunting as you............probably 100 times more guilty. Oh wait......I think I already explained my position.
Now, I didn't want to get nasty with you. That's not why I'm here. Think of it as firing a shot. You missed, I fired back.

Seriously? You think I'm trolling you because I voiced a simple opinion?

Nope. You can voice your opinion all you want. I think you are trolling because you are being a complete asshat about it, and taking personal shots........

Kind of like this.

If anything, it wouldn't hurt you to miss a few meals here and there. Perhaps more than a few.

Ahhhh.... the fat joke. Nothing on earth quite like it. Delivered like a "bullet" as you say from the anonymity of the intrawebz. :er:

Get over yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back