Got my first paying gig...

metroshane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
If you've seen my stuff, you'll be really surprised to know that I'm taking a gig taking pics of a pee wee soccer team. Individual and team pics.

OH well, a gig is a gig...and maybe it'll lead to other work.

Don't forget to bring lots of gaffer tape to hold the little suckers still! :lol:

Way to go Shane, first paying photo gig has to be pretty cool. No matter how it all turns out! :wink:

Jim

Some years back, I assisted at a photo shoot for a Little League team, and the boys were a restless crew. The photographer was patient and had humor, but he was getting a tad frustrated for the group shot. For no particular reason, I stuck two fingers, bunny-ear style, over his head while he focused for yet another shot - and it worked! Suddenly the kids were sitting up and looking right at him, giggling but not wanting him to know he was the butt of my teasing, and so they obeyed when he said, "Look at the camera, guys...okay, on two...." And he ended up with a couple of really cute shots with a happy laughing little team. I only told him later what I'd done. :wink:

I'm not particularly suggesting you get someone to try this - just a memory I have when dealing with a squirmy group of kids and how it suddenly got better. :) Congrats on the gig - go have fun with it!

terri said:
Some years back, I assisted at a photo shoot for a Little League team, and the boys were a restless crew. The photographer was patient and had humor, but he was getting a tad frustrated for the group shot. For no particular reason, I stuck two fingers, bunny-ear style, over his head while he focused for yet another shot - and it worked! Suddenly the kids were sitting up and looking right at him, giggling but not wanting him to know he was the butt of my teasing, and so they obeyed when he said, "Look at the camera, guys...okay, on two...." And he ended up with a couple of really cute shots with a happy laughing little team. I only told him later what I'd done. :wink:

I'm not particularly suggesting you get someone to try this - just a memory I have when dealing with a squirmy group of kids and how it suddenly got better. :) Congrats on the gig - go have fun with it!
behinds the scenes of photography... interesting :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back