Got my SMC-Pentax M 50mm 1:1.7 today, DOF picture results

cigrainger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thought I'd share with anybody else interested in these lenses. These were taken with my Pentax K100D, the lens wide open, stabilization on, 1/45 shutter speed in my rather dimly lit room.

All I can say is wow. In the full size third picture, the letters on the ibuprofen bottle are not only totally in focus but crisp, sharp, and clear. I can see a long and loving relationship growing with this lens, especially when I get a K1000. :hugs:

For now, just keep a lookout in the general gallery for pictures I will be taking with this lens. I'm off to Loch Ness and the highlands tomorrow and am pretty sure there will be some wonderful pictures taken with this lens.

test1.jpg

test2.jpg

test3.jpg

:( I wish I would have ponied up and gotten the 1.7. I ended up getting a f2 for a ridiculously low price, but it's not as sharp as yours wide open (yours is even 1/2 stop wider). Hmm.. I'm keeping an eye out for the 1.4 though..
Congrats on the new lens.

Thanks. It is pretty ridiculously sharp for being wide open. :D

If you get a 1.4, I've heard that the A's are pretty noticeably sharper than the M's. Plus, if you shoot with a dSLR, it will work in full automatic (but who wants that? :D)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back