My trip to Loch Ness and the Highlands, my new SMC-Pentax M 50mm f/1.7

cigrainger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It was rainy, and my K100D isn't weather-sealed, so I wasn't apt to take many pictures, but here are a few that I'm happy with. I got to use my new lens, but sat around f/8-10 for landscape shots, and only got down to f/1.7 for the flower shot.

This flower actually:

467444689_564b4e6bca_b.jpg

Here's a nice little river we saw along the way:

467444647_cedbc1ba8d_b.jpg

Here's Loch Ness with its black water (with visibility at 4 inches) -- Unfortunately, I didn't see the monster. :lol:

467444695_53e58db489_b.jpg

And the magnificent Glencoe where the MacDonalds were slaughtered in their beds by the Campbells (on orders, and threat of death, from the English) after giving them ten days of highland hospitality:

467444703_ec7c5610d9_b.jpg

It was rainy, and my K100D isn't weather-sealed, so I wasn't apt to take many pictures, but here are a few that I'm happy with. I got to use my new lens, but sat around f/8-10 for landscape shots, and only got down to f/1.7 for the flower shot.

This flower actually:
I would have expected a thistle rather than that tulip... :lol:

Loved the landscape shots, with the Glencoe one getting my vote for fave pic - so gloomy, very apt for its history. I seem to remember seeing it in that sort of weather conditions as well - makes one shudder trying to imagine what it must have been like back then!

Here's Loch Ness with its black water (with visibility at 4 inches) -- Unfortunately, I didn't see the monster. :lol:

I would have thought you'd been on speed if you had!
Or sponsored by the Scottish Tourist Board... ;-)

great shots, last one is my fave as it reminds so much of the Highlands I love

I like the moodiness of the last two shots. The Tulip could use a spot of contrast (at least on my monitor) ... the trees of the river, the left side and the foreground may compliment the water more if they were all a bit darker. Thanks for sharing.

Gary

Ooh very nice! I agree about the moodiness and how much it adds to the overall feeling of the last two shots.

Most reactions

Back