Got OCF triggers and a Wide Angle for XMAS!! (Pics)

Geaux

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First time ever shooting ocf, kind of impromptu shoot last night at 1:30 am lol. I know there is flare, but I kinda like it. It's crazy setting up everything manually, can't wait to learn more!

5290413163_06561ff104_b.jpg

And just a fun random wide angle shot of this morning, with the flash on it's stand haha. SOOC, nothing done to it b/c it ain't THAT special lol. (Sigma 10-20 f/4 -- THIS is gonna be a fun lense)

DSC_0497.jpg

I really like #1! It reminds me that I need to try more back lighting, because I personally like flares.

Congrats. Start lookin at the strobist blogs and start also zarias.com blog sites. very good stuff there with creative flash work.

I lime the first pic a lot. A different location and it would be great. Merry Christmas and enjoy your gifts. Btw, is that a self portrait? I always thought you were male.

Hah, I'm a male, that's my wife :)

Ah, ok that's what I thought. Pretty wife but it was nothing I imagined you to look like LOL.

welcome to the world of ocf! it's a fickle world but one with amazing results.

P.S a super wide 10mm lens is one I'm after next, please let me know what it's like!

Last edited:
Learning OCF is a lot of fun and can open up whole new avenues of photography for you. Just when you thought you had it all figured out, suddenly there's a lot more to consider. ;-)

I definitely recommend starting out with the Lighting 101 posts over at strobist.blogspot.com, and then moving on to Lighting 102, which is much more in-depth. Do all the exercises, even if you think they're silly. These posts are very well-written and they'll help you wrap your head around all the variables associated with lighting. Before you know it, you'll be thinking about all of it as effortlessly as you think about aperture, shutter speed, and ISO.

As far as the wide-angle lens, well I'm just jealous. All I got this year was a tripod. :D

Thanks guys, OCF practice will resume after I get back from Dallas :)

Haven't really played enough with the 10-20 to post much, but that'll come with time lol

Thanks guys, OCF practice will resume after I get back from Dallas :)

Haven't really played enough with the 10-20 to post much, but that'll come with time lol

Purchase a reflector or make one. You can find some for cheap on B&H and Adorama. That'll help with fill and adding a second light source without having to purchase another flash and trigger.

Yeah man.. I like #1. Do it again with cleaner background.

Most reactions

Back