Got the right version this time

erniehatt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Cate-copy.jpg
I got the right version this time, no pixelation, and a bit closer to the right size

She's a sweetie. No wonder she is the Treasure of the Family :).

But how come her eyes still look like separately sharpened?

Well I suppose the answer to that is, because they were. I sellected them, inversed, added some blur to soften the features, the sharpened the eyes to make them more prominant. Ernie

If your really interested, let me know, and Ill send you a private message. My reason for this, so many times I have been asked the same question, and nobody returns to find the answer. I have no objection to doing it, but dislike wasting time. This is not the only forum where it happens, I think they are all guilty of it. Ernie

I believe the effect was created by using a flash to freeze the subject (here, Catelyn of course) and zooming to streak the background. I know that can al least produce similar results if that is not how it was done here. Sorry, but I just think many people would like to know the answer, not just Quickmagic, so it should be posted here for all to see.

Hi Joe I agree with your sentiments entirely, they should be, but from experience with this forum and others I have been too, the majority of people who ask for something to be posted, never return to see if it has been. As I said, earlier, I have no problem with letting any one know what techniques I use, providing they ensure me of there interest.
Being as you have shown interest in having a guess at the method, I will tell you. You were of course quite incorrect in your thinking. There was no flash use in the pic, it was taken in the local Bontanical Gardens. Firstly I made a fairly rough selection with the lasso tool with a large feathering, then inverse and blurred the background, this did not turn out quite as I require, so I made a tight selection around the child, again using inverse, desaterated, then used the radial blur set on Zoom, Hence the streaks. Hope that is clear. Ernie

I see how youve done this....of course mesha is slightly right because you could create the same effect in camera, but obviously you opted for a photoshop version and thats cool.
Nice shot...but I dont like the eyes...perhaps bluring the whole face, then rubbing out the eyes and mouth, then using the layer of the blurd face slightly lower it until the picture is perfect...?

I think its a cool shot, and I am also wondering how you would know if someone has or has not returned to view your explanations..?? I often ask questions, and always return to see all posts concerning an interesting thread, and I hardly think that any advise or explanations are a waste of time in any situation.. If anyone visits your thread after you you have typed up your details, they will benifit.

Personally i think it's cool to make as many notes as possible in the original post., and give everyone a chance to be more aware of othe images situation from the start.

I hope I am not wasting my time here with this note ??!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back