Got to play with the a77 today

I wasnt referring to the a77 OR the d7100 as a beginners camera by no means! I think they are both awesome cameras & can't decide between the two. I've heard both good & bad about both, which makes my decision harder! All I've ever owned is Nikons but, im so impressed with the a77! And you are EXACTLY RIGHT... it's NOT the camera, it's the person!

I really like the a77 but the D7100 should be the better camera.

Thank you "goodguy" for your opinion! It's good to know that someone can state their opinion & give advice WITHOUT having to include a smarta$$ statement like SOME on here! I was ready to quit this forum! So many on here seem so d@mn hateful!

You'll need a thick skin if you decide to go with Sony ! Lol

Now that the a99 is out, there is no technical limitation going with any brand. Sony might not be the easiest in term of community support for brand specific issues. Yet I haven't had any problem finding answers to my questions so far. Here or elsewhere.

Some users love to rant against Sony. But if you keep your wits and ask specific question, those same guys will give you good answers.

The a77 with its 16-50mm f2.8 is a good kit. I find that slower lens tend to be shelved eventually. The camera itself is older than the not yet available d7100.

I really like the a77 but the D7100 should be the better camera.

Thank you "goodguy" for your opinion! It's good to know that someone can state their opinion & give advice WITHOUT having to include a smarta$$ statement like SOME on here! I was ready to quit this forum! So many on here seem so d@mn hateful!

I believe we are all here to have fun and think we should try to keep this as clean as possible.
I was very active in fountain pen forums and watch forums and sometimes things got out of hand there, I simply stay away from negativity and tray to spred as much as I can positive feelings.

Fountain pen forum !?!? :)))

My interest are weddings, sports, outdoor events, landscape. I'm just starting out. As far as cameras, I'm looking for something that I can keep for a long while. Not really interested in getting a "beginners" camera that I'm just going to have to upgrade a year down the road. Was sold on the Nikon d7100 UNTIL I layed eyes on the Sony a77.... WOW, what a camera!

ust pick one or the other. They are really close anyways.

I wasnt referring to the a77 OR the d7100 as a beginners camera by no means! I think they are both awesome cameras & can't decide between the two. I've heard both good & bad about both, which makes my decision harder! All I've ever owned is Nikons but, im so impressed with the a77! And you are EXACTLY RIGHT... it's NOT the camera, it's the person!

What lenses do you have? Any sweet nikkor glass that you should hold on to? Motors are motors. But good lenses cost good money and if you have any nice lenses they stick with that brand.

You'll need a thick skin if you decide to go with Sony ! Lol

Now that the a99 is out, there is no technical limitation going with any brand. Sony might not be the easiest in term of community support for brand specific issues. Yet I haven't had any problem finding answers to my questions so far. Here or elsewhere.

Some users love to rant against Sony. But if you keep your wits and ask specific question, those same guys will give you good answers.

The a77 with its 16-50mm f2.8 is a good kit. I find that slower lens tend to be shelved eventually. The camera itself is older than the not yet available d7100.

Now on this respect I will say that I know a few locals that use sony and we are pretty tight knit. I can ask them questions about gear and get good feedback and they are usually cool about borrowing lenses for gigs. So I always advise people that when buying a camera to buy what your friends shoot so yall can borrow lenses. Things are a lot cooler that way.

I have and Love my D7000

But I will tell you I started with an A65 and if Sony had more glass choices with out the need to by Ziess....id still be with them

I bought the a77! I looked for reasons that I SHOULDN'T buy it. .. couldn't find one! Besides, it was pretty much love at first sight :)

I bought the a77! I looked for reasons that I SHOULDN'T buy it. .. couldn't find one! Besides, it was pretty much love at first sight :)

Congrats ! Let us know how it goes.

I have and Love my D7000

But I will tell you I started with an A65 and if Sony had more glass choices with out the need to by Ziess....id still be with them

That is a strange reason considering your signature lists only Sigma lenses that are all available for the a-mount, for the same price...

I'll let you know how it's going & try to post pics soon :) so much to learn!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back