What's new

Gotcha!

joeymas

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
180
Reaction score
23
Location
Philadelphia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
lightninggoodsmall.jpg
 
how do people know when to take the shot?

Thunder clap, fire randomly?
 
He is correct, I used 3 second exposures and counted time between strikes. The rest is luck. You have to catch the storm coming in from far away and have a landscape that is friendly enough to make a good picture.
 
Funny Story. I am out on the beach and a storm is rolling in off of the ocean. Not 100 yards from me a bolt strikes the water. Close enough that I jumped and fell.

A police truck rolls up behind me and the cop says "close enough?" I was like "Yeah man" He then says "Do you think it is time to leave yet?"

I looked back and said... "Not yet, I missed the shot!"

Kidding aside, he escorted me from the beach with a wave of his thumb.

beachsmall.jpg
 
Funny Story. I am out on the beach and a storm is rolling in off of the ocean. Not 100 yards from me a bolt strikes the water. Close enough that I jumped and fell.

A police truck rolls up behind me and the cop says "close enough?" I was like "Yeah man" He then says "Do you think it is time to leave yet?"

I looked back and said... "Not yet, I missed the shot!"

Kidding aside, he escorted me from the beach with a wave of his thumb. ...
Good story! Just think... if you didn't leave, you may have got the shot... or been the shot!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom