Gotta love December in Texas

Crazydad

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We had a record high of 81F this afternoon and by 9:30pm it was 36F and the cars were covered in sleet (I know the picture isn't great, just a quick snapshot)

3096571803_49ec5d993d_b.jpg

dam 36 ill take that its been in the teens around chicago for like the past week.

dam 36 ill take that its been in the teens around chicago for like the past week.

That's why I love Texas!

Update, we have now had some snow! So in the space of 7 hours we went from 81 to snow sticking on the cars.

3097512782_6872f3d572_b.jpg

Wow! You got way more snow than me :(...no fair. It's too cold out for me LOL. I called in sick today ;)

I live in Montreal.. Canada. All I've got to say is.. "That's it?"

Yesterday. ONE DAY. we got a FOOT of snow.

Update, we have now had some snow! So in the space of 7 hours we went from 81 to snow sticking on the cars.

Yup, that's Texas...lol.

No snow here though.

I live in Montreal.. Canada. All I've got to say is.. "That's it?"

Yesterday. ONE DAY. we got a FOOT of snow.

For us to get ANY snow in December is rare (Austin has never had a white Christmas), especially when 7 hours earlier the temp was 50 degrees higher.

Of course if we had a foot of snow, the city would completely shut down and I wouldn't have to go to work. :mrgreen:

You must not understand the HUGE deal snow is! I mean...it snowed at 11:00 PM...I had three friends and my mother call to tell me. Everyone was outside throwing mini snowballs. :lol:.

I have never had a white christmas either...(native Austinite)

We got more here on the coast than you guys up north. This was about 3 hours worth.

snow6.jpg

snow10.jpg

snow15.jpg

snow3.jpg

snow8.jpg

snow9.jpg

We're only 20 miles from Galveston. This is very rare for us. Last snow was Christmas Eve 2004.

Vince

Wow. We got hosed.....:grumpy:

Wow! You did get some snow! I saw on TV that New Orleans got some snow too! I believe it was the first snow in four years or something.

For us to get ANY snow in December is rare (Austin has never had a white Christmas), especially when 7 hours earlier the temp was 50 degrees higher.

Of course if we had a foot of snow, the city would completely shut down and I wouldn't have to go to work. :mrgreen:
hahah, yeah. it's weird. I was in Houston a few years ago in March, and it was muddy and raining.. coming from Montreal covered in white, and landing in Texas being relatively green, warm and wet.. sooo strange for a Canadian.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back