Grackle-C&C Please

Get a Tamron 70-300 VC.. It's a great lens to start with, then come visit me....

Get a Tamron 70-300 VC.. It's a great lens to start with, then come visit me....
If your serious on that offer I may just take you up on that.As a hobby like any hobby I like to get it right Not for money just for enjoyment but If I can't enjoy my own photos and be proud of them then its not gratifying. When I get the lens I will let you know,then we can discus how much you charge.:)

I tend to agree with the others in that most likely you are being bitten by the crops. Both of these images definitely look pixelated up close. A 135mm lens is just not enough for birds, especially at ranges of more than a few feet. If you are having to crop more than roughly 25% of the image it's too much to retain the detail that you need for birds. They are usually small targets and the feathers have a lot of detail that needs to be retained.

In some places it also looks like you may be doing a lot of noise reduction, either in-camera or in post-processing. Is that the case? The feathers on his wing look too smooth to me.
I agree to much cropping an the NR is default at Normal in camera. I may change the lens line up to something like Nikon 18-55 and Tamron 70-300 VC.Then sell off the kit lens 18-105 and nikon 55-200 that I just got used last week.Then some day if needed then the telescope like coastalconn has the Tamron 200 - 500 so I can zoom all the way to canada from the us.:lol: Just to clear any confusion the results from the canon t4i again is a loner from a friend. My nikon is out for fine adjustments but the results where the same now that I look at some picture's taken with my D7000.So it must be me screwing things up.

Last edited:
I agree to much cropping an the NR is default at Normal in camera. I may change the lens line up to something like Nikon 18-55 and Tamron 70-300 VC.Then sell off the kit lens 18-105 and nikon 55-200 that I just got used last week.Then some day if needed then the telescope like coastalconn has the Tamron 200 - 500 so I can zoom all the way to canada from the us.:lol:
A longer lens will make all the difference. I use a Nikkor 70-300 and a Sigma 150-500 for birds. You will still have to learn to make your way toward them as much as possible since a small target with a 500mm lens is still a small target.

I can teach the ways for only 100 million billion dollars :). Darkshadow, I don't have a price, but donations are always accepted :)

I can teach the ways for only 100 million billion dollars :). Darkshadow, I don't have a price, but donations are always accepted :)

I may not have his talent, but I can assure you my prices are much, much more reasonable than 100 million billion dollars! In fact I'll teach you everything I know and let you keep my camera gear for only a single billion.

Yea but nashville,Tn is wayyyyyyyyyyyy away from me. Coastalconn is only about 40 minutes give or take away under normal driving but In my case I would be taken the wife's 2008 Saab 2.0 9-3 Turbo 210 HP and drive it in option manual shift instead of automatic,yes it has both.I will be at Coastalconn school of photography in like 7 minutes.:lmao: Unlike My photography, my driving skills are superb.I just hope I dont have to start off waxing cars,Wax on,Wax Off.

Last edited:
Yea but nashville,Tn is wayyyyyyyyyyyy away from me. Coastalconn is only about 40 minutes give or take away under normal driving but In my case I would be taken the wife's 2008 Saab 2.0 9-3 Turbo 210 HP and drive it in option manual shift instead of automatic,yes it has both.I will be at Coastalconn school of photography in like 7 minutes.:lmao: Unlike My photography, my driving skills are superb.I just hope I dont have to start off waxing cars,Wax on,Wax Off.

Pay my fee and I'll put you in the Ferrari of your choice to get here ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back