Graffiti & Concrete C&C

Hey there.

Interesting subject and I think the composition on the first image is the most interesting of the two, but overall neither is terribly exciting. There unfortunately just isn't a ton to the subject itself. Getting in tighter... looking for even wackier angles... these things might help a bit. Perhaps use the lines of the grafiti in a way they were not intended to paint a picture in the camera's eye. Just some ideas.

Also the overexposure on #2 is pretty rough... probably hard to avoid, may just need to crop it.

Also consider adjusting your white balance as it appears to be way off due to the color of the lights. Shooting RAW at night is a big help in cases like this.

Keep at it.

The success of this shot depends on the subject you focus on. plant against an industrial background has been done a million times so for me the focus should be on framing the graffiti like paint on a canvas (the wall) to make an interesting composition. there is nothing wrong with flat front on photos, sometimes a 'creative' angle is not creative but rather a default reaction as a result of a lack of artistic thought. I am certainly not suggesting this applies to you though. Id leave it as is and move on if I were you.

"You could call this shot "vandalism" because that is what it is. I do not know why people try to glamorize something that costs taxpayers $$mils every year and makes the cities look like crap. Not to mention is also probably a challenge from one gang to another."

-hahaha, i think your taxpayers have bigger problems like... genocide...no sorry, "war". BUT good photos have come from that, so maybe a good photo might come from the horrific THING that is..... GRAFFFIIIITTIIIIIIIIIIII!

Most reactions

Back