What's new

Graffiti Park.

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
12,983
Reaction score
5,003
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I usually refrain from taking pics of graffiti, for one it's other peoples art, for another, it's usually on a flat wall...

Until we stumbled upon Graffiti park, or the "Hope Outdoor Gallery".
The show changes daily!

I "hope" I captured the scope of this site...

1.
13997081501_24f50886d6_b_d.jpg



2.
13997039282_c5cf2742d1_b_d.jpg



3.
13997069811_3c3b178e35_o_d.jpg



4.
14000246915_95d7620a49_o_d.jpg



5.
13977139196_b7b692c64d_o_d.jpg



6.
14020242093_cab41a41ef_o_d.jpg



7.
14020244753_6171af2ac9_o_d.jpg




8.
14000690854_744445c727_b_d.jpg




9.
14000250545_fe3d90d723_b_d.jpg




10.
14000249015_92c3f42005_o_d.jpg




11.
13977132266_cde3baf9eb_o_d.jpg





12.
13977132886_772e79e430_b_d.jpg





13.
13977138716_13e0c04ac7_b_d.jpg
 
Last edited:
I like the one that shows the most none-graffiti things. Graffiti are like heavy entrees - there is a lot going on. I wouldn't serve a 7-course tasting menu all consisting of salty, hearty entrees, just like I wouldn't compose a photo consisting of all graffiti. Skies, trees, dirt, and whatever simple colors help.
 
What if you were trying to convey a sense of confusion, chaos, and endless layers?
What if you were not trying to convey a sense of place, but more of the feel?
 
I think there are ways to project confusion without confusing the viewer. Anyway, it's just my opinion. I'm light-palated.
 
I love hearing your opinion!

I think you hit on my intent though. I want you to be confused! I want you to be overwhelmed with stimuli!

Once you back away, and see the big picture, with the dirt, bushes, weeds, sky, neighboring houses, you gain a sense of place, but you lose the excitement. You lose the wonder. What I presented to you, was you standing IN IT. Surrounded by it. Unable to escape it.

From the street, it wasn't much. In it, climbing on it, it was, "all that".

I see we are on opposing sides though. I find landscape photography pretty boring. :sexywink:
I appreciate your point of view and thank you for sharing it.
 
Like a visual cacoffiny. Meant to jar you. Nice set Bitter.
 
I thought they were great! but it had to be an easy shoot. The only thing you had to do was make sure they were in focus. The artwork was already there. Nice Job!
 
I thought they were great! but it had to be an easy shoot. The only thing you had to do was make sure they were in focus. The artwork was already there. Nice Job!

You summed up photography right there!
That is true for basically everyone's images.
 
I'm a huge fan of graffiti! Yes these images are busy, and yeah I'm not entirely sure I know what I'm looking at, but I know one thing.. I definitely want to go there and get lost in it all!!
 
I like how color loses its literal meaning here--even the bits of grass and sand register as "tan" and "green" rather than "grass" and "sand."

1,2,4, and 11 are my favorite shots.
 
What an interesting place! It shows the grand sweep of both artistic abilities (ranging from mediocre to pretty amazing), and the apparent emotional range (angry screams expressed in paint to methodical layering of well-crafted imagery). Some parts would look good in any gallery, while others are not much better than colored snot. Agree with Jenko's perception: color now is visual texture. Bitter, I like how you've chosen the sight-lines and juxtaposed some pieces together. It's unusual to have a 3-D canvas that allows the viewer to assemble different images by choosing the perspective of view.
 
Last edited:
Dude, that's intense !!!
 
I'm glad some of you get that I wasn't shooting the graffiti, or specific tags, as subjects, but that I was framing lines, colors, and shapes specifically.

Jenko, I'm pretty fond of 11 too.


Here's a wider view from above, towards one end of the park.
13997052962_0716d839ab_b_d.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom