grain/blur photos

sbakewell0508

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
need a little help.. i have a nikon d90 and these were shot with a 50mm iso 200, this image was 1/200 of a second f13. i am using the single point focus and my sb600 my images just are not coming out consistently clear and i am just confused as to why i have never had this problem before (always used auto, auto focus never selected the focus point) i am focusing on the eyes. any ideas?
the first image represents the settings listed above, the other images are various settings but same problem.

_DSC0054 by 05miller08, on Flickr

_DSC0082 by 05miller08, on Flickr
(this is all unedited.. this photo edited... looks amazing (IMO)

_DSC0059 by 05miller08, on Flickr

I like #2. Why f13? That might be getting into softer territory.

well for me thats what looked good on my lcd as far as amount of light getting into the lens, my max sync speed is 200 with a flash so in order to cut down on the light i speed the shutter speed as i could. f 13 gave me a good balance of light coming in without blowing my highlights. i could of gone lower i am sure and not done so higher flash of course.. with the lower wider fstops, i also get nervous about the whole focal plane being focus, even though i know i could of gone to 5.6 and probably been ok.

i should clarify for #1 and 3 in particular no flash was used, i could of adjusted my shutter speed but i didn't.

Last edited:
@aug 19 thanks! this one edited looks (IMO) amazing, i fixed hair and darkened it a bit and also of course got rid of the light stand.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back