Grainy/ Hazy pictures

owura

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a canon t1i, which pretty much new. It was taking pretty nice pictures until recently when I noticed that most of my pictures come out very hazy or grainy. My ISO is not auto,I usually set a low ISO when I am shooting outdoors. For the most part I have been using my Sigma Zoom 70- 200mm lens. Any help will be appreciated.

In the pic below ISO 100, focal length 100, f5.6 and shutter speed of 1/250s

eimwep.jpg

30t6pp0.jpg

ISO 3200 f5.6 shutter speed 1/4000s

You definitely contradicted yourself. You said you always shoot outdoors with a low ISO, but 3200 is REALLY high, so your haze is more likely noise. Outdoors shoot at 100 or 200. 400 if it's overcast.

ISO 3200 might have something to do with the graininess

iso.jpg

Okay, you may have just convinced me to switch browsers. What plugin is that and what browser supports it? I'm so tired having to right click to select an option to view EXIF data.

Google chrome has a plug in for viewing the EXIF data

For the first photo the EXIF info reports the following settings:

Exposure Time = 1/2500"
F Number = F4
ISO Speed Ratings = 3200

Not the values you claimed: "ISO 100,.... f5.6 and shutter speed of 1/250s"

Well I notice that the haziness doesn't really appear to be affecting the tree on the left side as bad as the rest of the picture, it looks like it's behind it. Could it be mist from the waterfall or something? Maybe catching the sun's light?

Well I notice that the haziness doesn't really appear to be affecting the tree on the left side as bad as the rest of the picture, it looks like it's behind it. Could it be mist from the waterfall or something? Maybe catching the sun's light?

Not really. My partner took a picture of the same place, at about the same time, using the same camera (but different lens), and it came out good. I will keep an eye on the ISO next time.

Most reactions

Back