Grand Cayman beach

rkymtnhigh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all! Well just got back from a wonderful honeymoon and wanted to share some pics. I was considering leaving my dslr at home for ease of travel but we are both really glad that it came with, got some great pics to help us remember out adventure. We spent a week in Grand Cayman and then spent a week in Costa Rica (those pics will be coming later). None of these pictures were cropped and were taken as jpegs out of the camera (didnt shoot raw to conserve the memory card space we had with us) As always I enjoy hearing any C&C that anyone wishes to share, most of all though... please enjoy!
-Pat

1) Some lightning storms out over the ocean. There is a reef about 300yds off the shore where the waves break (appears as a white line in pic) and the foreground is lit by ambient light.
ISO1600
f/6.3
30sec

2) This is one of my favorites from the beach. Taken on a walk a few miles from the resort. There was some storm clouds gathering over the ocean while it was sunny on the beach. The shell was placed there by nothing other than the ocean. We took only pictures and left only footprints...
ISO400
f/16
1/1000sec

3) "No fishing, please go snorkling". I wish there was a more dramatic sky... Thoughts? Crop?
ISO200
f/10
1/400sec

4) Bird hovering above the water
ISO400
f/16
1/250sec

5)Beach with birds.
IS0400
f/16
1/400sec

V. Nice.

Was the lightning a lucky shot? I had heard taking lightning in daytime is hard.

V. Nice.

Was the lightning a lucky shot? I had heard taking lightning in daytime is hard.

Thanks!

The lightning shot was taken at night. I should have specified that it was night and not a ND filter but I did post the settings I used. The lightning was very active and since it was a 30 sec exposure it was simply a matter of lightning striking (in a good location) while the shutter was open. It took several tries to get the focus right and a somewhat decent composition with the space I had (and no tripod) but this was my favorite out of the night/lightning attempts.

Here is a few more!

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back