Grand Central Station, NY - Keeps Busy

I like the movement, the static people who did not move, the grandeur and scale but it seems way overly yellowish. Looking at your exposure data, I wonder if you had shot longer with more aperture if it wouldn't help the color cast (I'm seeing too much yellow in the greens). You can easily tone down the yellow using a HSB layer adjustment, master on yellows.

I like the movement, the static people who did not move, the grandeur and scale but it seems way overly yellowish. Looking at your exposure data, I wonder if you had shot longer with more aperture if it wouldn't help the color cast (I'm seeing too much yellow in the greens). You can easily tone down the yellow using a HSB layer adjustment, master on yellows.

Thanks for you suggestion. Have you been to Grand Central Station? The lighting and overall tone is yellowish. With that being said you have a good point and I'm going to revisit the shot.

Hi,
am going to be in NYC in March. I hope to get a shot of GCS, and will try your settings as well as any suggestions here.
its a great city isn't it!,
i like the movement you show here as it is sooooo busy. Great place to people watch, and the scene of many a 'Hollywood' movie scenes!
Nancy

Hi,
am going to be in NYC in March. I hope to get a shot of GCS, and will try your settings as well as any suggestions here.
its a great city isn't it!,
i like the movement you show here as it is sooooo busy. Great place to people watch, and the scene of many a 'Hollywood' movie scenes!
Nancy

To add to my the setting info: f13

Since you do not allow image editing, try this and see if it will work for you. This works in CS4, 5 and 6.

Duplicate your original image (Cntrl J), add a blur and set to "Average," invert (Cntrl I) and set your layer blend mode to "Soft Light." See if this doesn't immediate remove most of the cast, still leave you the richness of the reds, blues and especially the green ceiling. Your yellows will remain intact as shot, but not necesarily as recorded in the RAW file.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back