Grand daughter - which edit?

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The 2yo sat for a nano second. I was wanting a play of natural window light and shadows.

091118_06_4x5smW1.jpg

2. A film effect in Nik tweaked quite a bit. De-saturated the reds and raised the black point in Curves for a matte look.
091118_06_4x5smW2.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. I was leaning towards #2 and wasn't sure on the low contrast.

@CherylL She is adorable! I'm looking at it on my phone and don't see a lot of difference so I'll take one of each please.

@smoke665 & @Dean_Gretsch thanks for the feedback. Looking on my phone it is hard to tell the difference. On the original large file 18 bit there is a difference. I let her fidget around the chair while I got my settings and then I posed her. Here is another one from the set that I edited lighter and she naturally posed this way when I told her look at me. At 25 months I was lucky she sat still.

091118_04_4x5wSm.jpg

@CherylL I'm traveling and on phone but this last one just looks to soft on the eyes.

For holding attention I go to the Dollar Tree and get a bag of cheap little toys/trinkets, and put them up till I'm ready to set her in place. Then I hand her one. I've found you can get them to be compliant long enough to get a shot or two. When they get fidgety hand them another.

Lovely, Like The Second Best!

@CherylL I'm traveling and on phone but this last one just looks to soft on the eyes.

For holding attention I go to the Dollar Tree and get a bag of cheap little toys/trinkets, and put them up till I'm ready to set her in place. Then I hand her one. I've found you can get them to be compliant long enough to get a shot or two. When they get fidgety hand them another.

I raised the shadows and ran thru a denoiser. I'll add some contrast. Thanks. Good idea on getting cheap toys as a reward.

I raised the shadows and ran thru a denoiser

On my big screen the sharpness on the eyes is better, but still just a tad soft IMO. She has some beautiful eyes!!!! As a crazy old grandpa I'd be popping that blue tack sharp. LOL

Bless their hearts at that age they can't concentrate on to many things at once, lot of tunnel vision. Give them a toy and shoot away. :eagerness:

Most reactions

Back