Grand Teton Marina snow dustingT

NancyMoranG

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
HI,
In early September, we got a snow dusting overnight at Grand Teton National Park .
I knew it was expected so I was at Colter bay Marina at dawn, blue hour. Oh my it was just beautiful! I took photos from dark to light, these are just a few.

I took these with D7000, 11-16 Tokina, and my 35 prime 1.8 all on tripod.
Am showing 3 different angles. Barely any PP and that was just the computer straighten, crop, spot removal, and minor clarity slider.
I have PSE 11 but didn't use it here since i am not good at it.
Comments please..
1 - At 1st light...
DSC_5863 (2).JPG

DSC_5858 (2).JPG

3. I swear this horizon looks even in the file but looks crooked here?
DSC_5860 (2).JPG

DSC_5858 (2).JPG

I like the wider angle of 1 and 3 better than 2 and 4. In 2 and 4 the pier leads me to the lights and I get stuck there. In 1 and 3 the lights are less prominent and don't distract me from the beauty of the mountains rising over the lake. I do like the panoramic composition in #3.

Did you stay to see the sun shining on the peaks?

I like the wider angle of 1 and 3 better than 2 and 4. In 2 and 4 the pier leads me to the lights and I get stuck there. In 1 and 3 the lights are less prominent and don't distract me from the beauty of the mountains rising over the lake. I do like the panoramic composition in #3.

Did you stay to see the sun shining on the peaks?

Thank you. That all makes sense!
I liked the lights but I see what you mean now.
YES, I saw the glow on the mountains MANY mornings. This particular day, I moved to another spot for the glow. Will post that soon.

3 is my favorite of these. It’s the one with the best reflections of the mountains and boats which give it a lot of depth. The horizon looks straight to me. I think the tree shadows are what is making your eye see the horizon as off a bit.

Is #3 a multi shot pano?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back