Grandmas Chair (selective coloring)

Rmac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've never been a huge fan of selective coloring, but I tried this one in B&W and no matter how I adjusted the channels the chair blended into the cabin wall too much. So, I kept a bit of color. Hope you enjoy.

Mac,

_1And2more.jpg

You did not give the chair back its FULL colour, or did you?
Anyhow, seems like this is one of the rare examples where I think that selective colouring might work, more so since you describe how much you tried to get it right all in b&w and couldn't. And the all colour photo? What was that one like?

I also like the simplicity of composition, all horizontal lines, save for the door on the right, and then the differently shaped chair, which is also from an all different material, of which the textures come out as nicely as they do of the wood. To me it works.

The framing looks like you cropped this one somewhat, making it a wider photo than a normal print (even at 3:2) would be ... what did you crop off and why? For I think there might want to be some more room at the bottom...

I think the selective color here did exactly what selective color is intended to do - draw attention to the color. Drawing attention to the chair makes me ask where grandma is. Good job on this picture.

Most reactions

Back