Grandpa's Drill

JonK

I want MORE!!
Reaction score
Website
www.jonkilimnikphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My grandfather passed away a few weeks ago. He was 103 yrs. old and this was his drill.
Very independent, he lived alone in his house until last fall.

98904395_f9fd93dfa3_o.jpg

98904207_924af5e6a2_o.jpg

98908222_3d07e19971_o.jpg

98903907_f25d912623_o.jpg

98903627_0ef5ff0290_o.jpg

wow 103, lets hope you take after him, eh. Great tones jon, really like the second and forth compos. they're great :thumbup:

....and if that drill could talk....:) I'm thinking of all the things he did with it, all those years he had it. He sounds like a wonderful old man, Jon! Sorry for your loss. :hug::

This series does him proud. :thumbup: Love that top image, especially.

amazing textures and detail, I love it....

thanks terri, thor and airic :D
yeh raymond I jus fired it up and it totally has a distinctive 'old shop' odour...reminds me of the smell of my grandpa's garage which was always a wondrous place when I was growing up.
Threw some wicked sparks too! may try to catch those on camera later :D
thanks for the comment.

That is a cool age to reach! 103 and living independently up until only a few months before the end of this long life was reached. Wow.

Photographing this drill in the way you did gives your grandfather some great additional honour. I like the whole idea behind it.

And of this entire series the 2nd photo is my favourite. It is so nicely abstract and pleasing in it being a circle.

103 ! Wow ! Bless his soul.

Nice detail and really nice tone to these images. Good eye on #3 man !

You have a great vision for angles JonK, I've always admire you for that. Awesome series of shots dude !

thanks everyone :D appreciate the wonderful comments.

thanks for the coments corinna....i did want to honour him in some small way...I realise its just a material object but I know how much use he would have put it to and I know how well he took care of his tools. That and the fact this one hass an artistic quality to it made it an easy choice.

cheers m@ko and I guess I do have a thing for angles :lol: thanks for this and all your other encouraging comments. :)

Most reactions

Back