Grant Park - 11/4/08

photelle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some snaps from a historic night - The energy in the air as Obama won and then got on stage to speak was amazing.. We weren't close enough to actually see him, but they had big screens everywhere so we could see what was going on. I was more focused on the moment than the photography, but I'd still love commets. All taken with the sigma 10-20mm.

66.jpg

33.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

bwIMG_0512.jpg

I love the energy and excitement in number three. It's almost palpable... the t shirt, fists, and your composition make it my favourite shot!

I like the second shot a lot. I feel like I want to crop out some of the dead space in the top right, but not a lot.

Agree on the energy in #3... I would crop some of top left to tighten the subject.

I actually like the noise/grain/whatever in some of these. I think it lends something... almost makes the shot look older, which kind of makes it feel like it was from the 70s and hearkens back to other political movements. (please no one discuss this further as I don't want the thread to get whacked, but I think it's important to mention for the shot)

I think in general you're over-centering the shots and/or not taking up enough of the frame with your subject... there's just a lot of dead or uninteresting space. Easy to fix with some cropping, of course.

I would look for some lens distortion correction on the shot with the flag in it.

All of these points, however, are tunings... I think you have some nice images.

awsome i was at the one in highland indiana, wish i could of went to that dam school.

Thank you for the feedback!

This was sort of a personal challenge because I tend to get too close to my subjects, so I wanted to capture a little more environment that night. But I'll take your advice and try out some crops. I also like the grain/noise, I exaggerated it in some of them b/c I like the feel.

Thanks again!

Most reactions

Back