Graphics Prog for beginners?

Diego

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I`m thinking about working with a real Graphics Prog, not just this Prog which you get for free when buying a Cam.
What I work with at present is Olympus Camedia Master.
Someone told me not to use PS, `cause it`s too difficult.He said, he needed nearly one year to really know how to work with.
What I wanna do is, just make some experiments, like: what happens if I do...
Is there any Prog, which is not too difficult, and you can do a lot of things with?

You could try 'the gimp'..... its free and you can experiment a bit with it.... however if you wish to progress in future with a graphics prog then start using photoshop now imo. ;)

Which Version of PS would be the best to start with?

if you can get hold of an earlier version cheeper, then by all means go for it..... there's plenty to learn, even with the older versions..... the newer versions, CS and CS2 arn't harder to use..... they just have more options.... if you want more options.

i would agree, start with photoshop. theres now point learning stuff in one prog, then havin to learn it all over in PS when you evenually get it

yes start with PS from the beginning, if its just basic stuff you can learn it in a day.

I would have to say that Photoshop is the only way to go, and it can be as easy or hard as you want it to be :)

I know many people turn off from Photoshop because they take one look at all the palettes, menu options, filters and many many books out there and panic. But everyone has to start somewhere!

I have been a Photoshop user both personal & professional for a long time so I am biast, but I would say it is the best for Photo work. A lot of the other programs out there that sell the "we fix it with one click" are nice but are you really learning anything from just one click? ;)

Regards,
Peter Witham

Most reactions

Back