Grave yard statue/building

So the UV Haze filter I have just merely protects the lens and isn't for like uv rays (as in sun)? That's the only thing I could come up with. But I have no clue.

So you can use the Circular poloriser filter in just regular pictures as well right? Even without water or a glare? I thought there was something I read before on a filter that was called a sky filter, which made the skys really blue or something.

This says it was shot with an aperature a 5.6.

I find it hard to believe dust on the sensor would be visible on f/5.6
I cant be sure what a sky filter is but it may be a graduated filter, worth checking it out. I seem to end up using my CP filter quite a lot because its adjustable u can nearly turn it off so it isnt doing much. The uv does filter uv but it protects the lens. I personally cant see much difference with or without a UV filter on.
It may be better trying to stop down to f/11 and increase the shutter speed, but u may need a tripod. i have found lately f11 works well for such buildings.

I've always shot with whatever the subject is as center focus (I've always had a point and shoot and this is my first slr and I have no idea what I'm doing). I didn't know until joining this forum that you are suppose to shoot with it off to the side???

Do a google search on the rule of thirds. It's just a guideline, but it explains how to add some visual interest to subjects (and why it works).

I just downloaded the dynamic phot HDR program last week or so and have no idea what you are suppose to do or how the settings work. So I may have did something I shouldn't have??

Where you're new, I would advise sticking to the basics until you master them or are at least very comfortable. Then start dorking around with various tools to see what they do.

The Circular polorising filter is adjustable and it is very good for cutting out glare and refletion shooting cars and water. If you adjust it to maximum it also deepens the colours of skies and greenery. I normally remove the UV when i use the CP , i just swap them over. Im not sure stacking them is wise.

What is a good brand to buy? Does the brand matter or are they all pretty much basically the same? I'm getting ready to buy one of these and was just wondering.

Most reactions

Back