Great Blue Heron and Ruby-Crowned Kinglet

You are getting some really nice results Danny. The light is being kinder to you I see :)

Nice set Sir!

thank you, it was a nice day today. hopefully tomorrow will be too

Nice and sharp,Nice shots.

Very sharp, great colored water on #2, is the orange a fall tree reflection?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

thanks, definitely the trees reflecting in the water, one thing i like about fall is great color for photography.

Very nice set. I particularly like the last one.

thanks, definitely the trees reflecting in the water, one thing i like about fall is great color for photography.
Nice. That orange water really makes that head pop! 3D look, well done sir.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nice shots. How are you liking the 150-600? That is one heavy lens. I have pretty much given up on hand holding mine.

you work for flickr, that must be a cool job

Wow, even my 3rd world country Engrish didn't make me miss that one by so much. :D

Nice shots. How are you liking the 150-600? That is one heavy lens. I have pretty much given up on hand holding mine.

Thanks everyone...

I like this lens, i do notice if going by the light bar it tends to under expose images in some lighting conditions when the light bar reads 0, i tested this and my old lens and in the same conditions and the old sigma 150-500 did not seem to do that, most images had a good exposure with the old one when shooting the same exact thing. so i find my self using exposure comp often with this lens often which i do not really want to have to do,

i got into the custom lens settings, i still have not messed with the focus limiter settings yet, i need to read up on that to see what its all about. for auto focus i have tried the standard setting, the accurate setting and the fast setting. in the accurate setting it takes too long to focus for shooting birds and i missed a few shots because of it and sometimes hunts. the other 2 settings i dont get any hunting and they are pretty quick to focus. for the vibration reduction settings in the custom menu i cant tell a difference in the quality of the image no matter which one i use. i think it said the vibration reduction settings only effect the amount of shake you see thew the view finder, it does not effect how much vibration reduction you get for the shot but i still like to use the highest setting on that so i see no camera shake thew the view finder.

the lens is only 2lbs more than my old sigma zoom which does not sound like much but that 2 lbs seems like a huge difference. after 2.5 hours of lugging that heavy thing around the park and my back was aching, i have some sort of back problem where my lower back muscles spasm up and i always have lots of back pain, every now and again it locks up where i cant move for a few days.. if it were not for the back issues the lens would not bother so much. i have a new black rapids rs sport left handed strap on the way ( i like the camera on the left side of my body) and i hear that really helps with carrying around a heavy lens, if that does not help i really think i am going to find some sort of cart i can push the lens around so i do not need to carry it when i am walking down the trails. my old sigma zoom did not really bother my back, i think it did when i first got it if i remember correctly but i guess i got used ot carrying it around, hopefully the same will happen with this one.

for the most part i would say i really like the lens though.

Most reactions

Back