Great Blue Heron fishing, a mole, mallards..

dannylightning

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
the poor little moles arms and legs were going like crazy and it was screaming.

unfortunately right before i got these shots i took this video and i forgot to change my shutter speed back to where it should have been but still got a few descent shots and some bad ones too.

20151126-DSC_4411.jpg
20151126-DSC_4412.jpg
20151126-DSC_4413.jpg
20151126-DSC_4430.jpg
20151126-DSC_4432.jpg
20151126-DSC_4457.jpg

Omg that's outrageous!! Have seen lots of things go down the neck of a GBH, but NEVER wiggle like that...yuck!
The video played a 2nd one of GBH catching a fish..was that you too? What lens took you so close, and how did you do it so smooth and in focus the whole zoom?

Cool! First time I ever felt sorry for a mole.

Omg that's outrageous!! Have seen lots of things go down the neck of a GBH, but NEVER wiggle like that...yuck!
The video played a 2nd one of GBH catching a fish..was that you too? What lens took you so close, and how did you do it so smooth and in focus the whole zoom?

i just have the one video, the second one was some video youtube decided to play you from someone else because it was simular.

i was using my sigma 150-600mm sport, i was at 150mm, that heron will let me stand a few feet away from him. i had to take several steps back to get him in the frame when i took the first part of the video.

i have never used my DSLR for video before, i could not get it to focus by pressing any buttons, i went into the settings and turned auto focus on, i see it kept going in and out of focus when he was walking around so i just kept the part where he ate the fish and the short clip of him walking, got to get my manual out and learn how to make it focus..

my camera is set up for back button focus so i am guessing that is why i could not get it to focus by pushing any buttons. i need to figure out how to make that back button focus for video with out the auto focus being on..

Cool! First time I ever felt sorry for a mole.

yeah, poor little guy, i felt bad for him too but there is not much you can do really, i walked around for a min after taking the video and came back since it started to sprinkle a bit and saw him with the mole.

a lady was walking by with her dog shortly after i saw it with he mole, dogs always make him fly so i knew he was gonna fly, i should have checked my shutter speed, i had time. i just wish i would have remembered to change it back after the video, those shots could have been allot better.

Most reactions

Back