Great Blue Herons

BrentC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found this nesting area about 15min. from my house and for the longest time trying to find an area where I could get decent shots. They are nested about 40-50 feet high in the trees along a ridge. A huge marsh area below it. I had to go to the opposite side of the marsh on another ridge to get almost even with the nests. Had to shoot through small holes in the branches on my side. I was hoping that at some point I would be able to get shots of the young when they are born but once the foliage starts coming out I don't think I will have any view of the nests.

Great Blue Heron by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

What a wonderful set! These were well worth the effort you put into getting them. Huge congrats to you! Hope you can get the baby shots too. Foliage has pluses as well as negatives. It makes it harder for them to see you, but for us to see them as well.

What a wonderful set! These were well worth the effort you put into getting them. Huge congrats to you! Hope you can get the baby shots too. Foliage has pluses as well as negatives. It makes it harder for them to see you, but for us to see them as well.

Thank you. We'll see how it goes in the next few weeks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back