Great Horned Owlet Update

RowdyRay

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We've had a crummy stretch of weather but, I got out there anyway. They are getting bigger. I happen to be there for feeding time. All three were out and active. Mom had some food stashed in the nest. I'll let you be the judge of what the little one has in it's mouth.

51138721321_a577179d83_b.jpg

Momma almost knocked one off when she got out of the nest.

51139827210_3db5c50a54_b.jpg

Finally got a clear shot of dad. He hangs around but, usually in the shadows. Took what I could get.

51138723181_290861d72e_b.jpg

As I was leaving the sun finally peaked out. Couldn't resist this shot. Nap time!

51138940523_3b0d04957b_h.jpg

Terrific shots. How much time do you spend with them to get those?

The right place at the right time, good shots......

Thank you. Does help. :wink:

Terrific shots. How much time do you spend with them to get those?

Thanks. I was there a couple hours. Others told me the approximate feeding time. They were sleeping when I got there. Then they fought over positions....When they finally settled down, mom fed them. It was quite comical.

Very nice set of some awesome owls. I like the last shot the most, good shooting.

Thank you. I like it too.

Wonderful set! Fascinating!

Thank you.

Reactions: PJM
You're getting some fantastic images, so your time is well spent! The colors are warm and everything is crisp. Nice work.

In the first shot, I find myself mentally cropping out the far right-side family member. That brings the viewer's focus to the two main birds, one of which is looking directly at the viewer with...whatever it is he's chewing on. :lol: The vertical orientation might work better here.

Just my two cents.

Great set.
Crappy weather or not you did a great job showing the conditions that were present while not letting it distract from the subject.

You're getting some fantastic images, so your time is well spent! The colors are warm and everything is crisp. Nice work.

In the first shot, I find myself mentally cropping out the far right-side family member. That brings the viewer's focus to the two main birds, one of which is looking directly at the viewer with...whatever it is he's chewing on. :lol: The vertical orientation might work better here.

Just my two cents.

Thank you. I thought about that but, really wanted to show the whole family. And how big they've gotten. Duly noted, and I'll try some vertical shots. Winging it and learning as I go.

Great set.
Crappy weather or not you did a great job showing the conditions that were present while not letting it distract from the subject.

Thank you. Means a lot.

wow weeeeee.. totally awesome set.. everyone of them.. enjoyed this..!!

Most reactions

Back