Great weekend- Hawks and Owls

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spent the weekend driving around the NH seacoast and parts of Massachusetts, checking out some locations I had heard were good, and a secret spot a fellow photographer told me about. I had been mentioning while out shooting that I really wanted to find an eastern screech owl, and somebody was kind enough (took pity on me?) to let me know of a spot. I took hundreds of photos but these are a few I liked a lot

snowysnow.jpg

Snowy in the snow

hawk2.jpg

When you finally get to scratch that itch....

image.jpg

Red-Tailed Hawk

screech2.jpg

And the thing I was most excited about, finding this Red Morph Eastern Screech Owl!

Very nice photos! I was very close to a snowy a few days ago - and no camera.:BangHead:

Very nice photos! I was very close to a snowy a few days ago - and no camera.:BangHead:

isn't that always how it goes? I almost always have my camera in my car or with me wherever I am, but the few times I'm without it- that's when I see the best animals while out and about!

Very nice! The "itch" is funny.

Very nice! The "itch" is funny.

Thanks! I had a ton of photos of this Hawk, it really couldn't care less about the group of photographers happily snapping away, but I thought the scratching one was pretty funny too. It's nice when an animal gets comfortable around you and you're able to get some photos of them acting naturally, not just staring at you

Beautiful set! REALLY jealous about those owls. Snowy remains on my "don't I wish" list, but not likely unless I brave the cold one of these years and north...WAY north.

I finally got my second ever shot of an owl in the wild yesterday--I've photographed probably over 150 different species of birds, and I have exactly TWO owl shots, and one of those didn't "really" count, as it was a rehab animal. Only one was in the wild.
And the one I got yesterday--well, let's call it a "record shot." LOL. You can just see the tufted ears and eyes of a Great Horned Owl, sticking out of its nest. But at least I know where the nest is--hoping to finally see my luck with owls change this year!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back