Greatest Invention

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greatest invention being the wheel. :thumbup: Couldn't do it without you.

shot w/ my 5D and 24-105 w/ UV filter.

C&C Please.

1)
4817456672_b0fc0eae82.jpg

2)
4817466836_6c43aea962.jpg

3)
4817454776_2240d79523.jpg

4)
4816830905_626efaa6f5.jpg

5)
4816829091_71ebc53615.jpg

#1 doesn't grab me - perhaps if you got closer to the wheel and had something going on behind it framed by the wheel

#2 is pretty snappy, but the cap at the center of the umbrella is too close to the edge for my taste

good pictures of fruit, but sometimes a banana is just a banana

#1 doesn't grab me - perhaps if you got closer to the wheel and had something going on behind it framed by the wheel

#2 is pretty snappy, but the cap at the center of the umbrella is too close to the edge for my taste

good pictures of fruit, but sometimes a banana is just a banana

ok thanks for ur input.

#2 and #5 are great! I like them. The first one is cool as well, I just ain't super keen on the back ground (but I also realize there aren't many options on ways to take this). #3 and #4 aren't hitting on much for me.

#2 and #5 are great! I like them. The first one is cool as well, I just ain't super keen on the back ground (but I also realize there aren't many options on ways to take this). #3 and #4 aren't hitting on much for me.

ya for the wheel pic there wasn't too much I could do about the background...tried the least busiest angle.

How about from a lower perspective, instead of eye level?

What was the UV filter for?

Last edited:
How about from a lower perspective, instead of eye level?

What was the UV filter for?

Ya I guess a lower perspective would of eliminated most the background, however I wanted a eye level perspective on this subject...

the UV filter is just on my lens for protection for the most part...and it help in outdoor lighting.

I keep hearing and reading more and more that these UV filters can take away some quality of the picture. I was sold when they told me it was cheap protection for the lens...guess they know how to sell stuff..lol.

ya its just a temp protection for my new baby.

What is a good all purpose filter that I can leave on my lens all the time?

I don't think I've ever shot a photo without a UV filter... unless it was with someone else's P&S. I'm going to pretend I didn't read that comment about the quality... I can't afford a new lens if it gets scratched!

Anyway about the OP:

1) I agree with everyone's opinion on this one, the background makes it blah, for lack of a better word.

2) My favorite of the set.

3) I like it, but I probably would have tilted the camera a little more to the left to make the line of the boxes a bit more diagonal.

4) I like this. I would have taken another shot though. I really like the look of the painting on the left, I think I would have tried to get a few bananas in with that painting making up most of the background.

5) I like it =)

Nice job on these.

Ya I guess a lower perspective would of eliminated most the background, however I wanted a eye level perspective on this subject...

the UV filter is just on my lens for protection for the most part...and it help in outdoor lighting.
How does the UV help in outdoor lighting, and what is it protecting from?

How does the UV help in outdoor lighting, and what is it protecting from?

well im new to filters...thats why I need some help in this field. So please enlighten me what filter I should be using for an all purpose filter/ protection of my lens.

thanks

I can't afford a new lens if it gets scratched!
How could it get scatched, and why would you need to buy a new lens.

LensRentals.com - Front Element Scratches

Wow, I had no idea. Great link, I'm going to have to forward that on to my father, who is responsible for embedding the idea of constant UV filter protection in my brain. Of course I'd like to read a bit more about the quality loss that might be resulting from using a UV filter.

How could you get into a car accident, how could you break your leg? Sh*t happens... and I'm a clutz. With my luck the second I take the filter off, I'll drop my camera lens down on a gravel driveway.

Most reactions

Back