Greay Heron stick collecting

goooner

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So a couple of friends of mine invited me to Stuttgart zoo with them yesterday, as they had some new equipment to test. So I tagged along. A quick look at the weather forecast said there will be heavy cloud but no rain. So I decided to leave the 150-600 at home (the last two times I took it along the light was too bad to use it). When we arrived there was not a cloud in the sky and nice and sunny-darn!

Lesson learned. There were a group of wild herons building nests in the tree tops in the zoo. here a couple I took with the 70-200. Obviously cropped quite heavily-lol

As always, C&C welcome.
_DR13648.jpg

_DR13621.jpg

#3 Big stick
_DR12968.jpg

#4 Big stick from behind-lol
_DR12972.jpg

*Edit title should read Grey, could one of the mods please change it, I forgot how.

Last edited:
That's the luck I have,I go out with out something camera related and bam something happens like the hawk that scooped up a squirrel in front of my face and where is the camera at home in the house or the weather turns out different then what was forecasted. Rocking Heron Set.

Thank you. I must still focus adjust my G2, not happy with it. Probably user error tbh. I had to significantly adjust my 70-200 as well, but I'm pretty happy with the results. Gto a flying stork as well, a first for me.

Last edited:
Nice set grey herons look alot like the great blue herons we get here

Are you going to go back with the 150-600mm?

Not sure when I will go again tbh. The breeding season will probably be over by then. 1st Priority for me is to get to grips with my 150-600. The sun is out today but I have to work. Hopefully the weather will be good this weekend.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back