Green Fly Writing Paper

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I can never decide where the right place for this kind of shot is, when I think bug I think macro but then the bug isn't much bigger than IRL so that makes it not really a macro so if I put it in macro it doesn't reeeeeeally fit so that's why it ended up here :)

I was crawling around in the flowerbeds the other day and found this guy through the leaves when I was shooting a bee, he stayed long enough for two shots and this was one of them.

When I saw the shot later it reminded me of pads of writing paper I had when I was young when we still actually wrote letters with pens and paper and stuff ;)

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

OP
PixelRabbit

PixelRabbit

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hmmm sat down with my coffee and iPod and checked this post, on the iPod the bottom left looks odd, I think a bit of TLC on that corner is needed.

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like it, but think it needs contrast... too washed out.

$fly.jpg

OP
PixelRabbit

PixelRabbit

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Seriously Charlie, can I just send my editing to you from now on!?

Lately when I'm editing and I go a little further than I do it looks pushed too far to me and I pull it back, you keep hitting the mark.

OP
PixelRabbit

PixelRabbit

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok fixed the corner and contrast... closer but yours hits the eye colour way better than mine does.

Last edited:

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos OK to edit
Pretty nice placement of the various elements. I like it. It shows the fly in a natural setting, in a tiny little "scene". It has some OOF foreground stuff in the upper left quadrant, and I think that could be cropped out, a little off the left, a little off the top, to create a slightly different scene that some people might like more. To me, the real strength lies in the diagonal leaf entering the frame on the lower right--that's really a wonderful lead-in. I really like the monochromatic green background too, since it's harmonious and simple, yet has some nifty variations/repetitions of the leaf that leads the eye into the shot.

OP
PixelRabbit

PixelRabbit

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thanks Derrel, I can get on board with the closer crop, I'm going to work with this one more and will include cropping :)

OP
PixelRabbit

PixelRabbit

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thanks John :)

Demers18

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos OK to edit
It's a really cool shot. The colours of the fly and foliage work well together. I do prefer the second version with more contrast. Nice work!

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics