Green Heron

Are you talking about the first pic?
Yes, I think a tight vertical crop just on the bird would be great. It's nice to give the subject space to look into the frame but don't get hung up on it. To me there's nothing to show in the right half of this image. Purely subjective opinion and TFS!

Yes, I think a tight vertical crop just on the bird would be great. It's nice to give the subject space to look into the frame but don't get hung up on it. To me there's nothing to show in the right half of this image. Purely subjective opinion and TFS!
I totally get what you're saying because before I posted this I did crop in much closer to exclude the branches on both sides (I didn't like them either) but I made the mistake of cropping all around instead of just from the sides and it lost too much of it's sharpness so I didn't do it. Thanks for the suggestion, I should've know to try that but it slipped my mind. It held it's sharpness and looks good. Thanks for the wake up call! Here it is cropped as suggested....

11142061-studio (2).jpg

I learned to identify their calls because I usually knew they were there as they flew by me😂. They can be very skittish birds.
I don't know all bird calls around here but yes, it helps to know some. When I hear hawks and sandhill cranes I immediately know what they are and search for them if I can't see them. It pays off really well sometimes with some good pics when you find them. I hate it when I find some redneck making turkey calls. They aren't as perty.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back